Disc Golf (aka Frisbee Golf)

djones0930

why do people still call this frisbee golf? it's disc golf. augh... :P (sorta).

as far as playing, i play when i can. i live blocks from a disc golf course, and there like 12 to 15 courses around town (some private) that are great to play at. Some harder than others. It's a nice time when the weather is nice. But it can be a bit much, depending on the course, when it's a sweltering 100+ degrees outside with no sign of shade. Some course are more fun than others, depending on your skill level. I like playing the course near me because it's a 18 hole course with only a few holes over 500+, and there is only one par 4. lots of dog leg routes and a few shallow fairways, but still fun. I still have yet to get a hole in one, but i've gotten close on a 300+ hole. Hit the chains and bounced off. I was pissed.

Why are people still calling this is a hole in one? It's an ace! haha

I've yet to ace, and last week I hit the chains through what we call the "Mortal Kombat" section that looks like the fighting area between Johnny Cage and Scorpion.

That is a shitton amount of DG courses near you! I really want to just go on a trip and play some frolf at different courses.

At the private course in Paw Paw, WV there is either an 847 ft or 947 ft Par 5. It takes so long when there's a headwind (that's what she said?).

I just like the fact that I have something to do besides work and play videogames. I've lost over 30 lbs this summer just by eating more throughout the day (buildin' up dat metabolism!) and walking/basically hiking through the disc golf courses.

why do people still call this frisbee golf? it's disc golf. augh... :P (sorta).

as far as playing, i play when i can. i live blocks from a disc golf course, and there like 12 to 15 courses around town (some private) that are great to play at. Some harder than others. It's a nice time when the weather is nice. But it can be a bit much, depending on the course, when it's a sweltering 100+ degrees outside with no sign of shade. Some course are more fun than others, depending on your skill level. I like playing the course near me because it's a 18 hole course with only a few holes over 500+, and there is only one par 4. lots of dog leg routes and a few shallow fairways, but still fun. I still have yet to get a hole in one, but i've gotten close on a 300+ hole. Hit the chains and bounced off. I was pissed.

Why are people still calling this is a hole in one? It's an ace! haha

I've yet to ace, and last week I hit the chains through what we call the "Mortal Kombat" section that looks like the fighting area between Johnny Cage and Scorpion.

That is a shitton amount of DG courses near you! I really want to just go on a trip and play some frolf at different courses.

At the private course in Paw Paw, WV there is either an 847 ft or 947 ft Par 5. It takes so long when there's a headwind (that's what she said?).

I just like the fact that I have something to do besides work and play videogames. I've lost over 30 lbs this summer just by eating more throughout the day (buildin' up dat metabolism!) and walking/basically hiking through the disc golf courses.

Touché

Seriously, i know it's a ace, and i'm still kinda dumbfounded that i wrote that myself.

Dude, if you ever want to come down and rent a vehicle, we can play a ton of courses. The only thing is you have to start early, because by 2pm the courses are flooded till night time.

And yeah, it's a great way to get some form of exercise. I'm actually getting ready to buy a portable target so i can put from my back porch. I don't play that often and i've gotten progressively worse since i stopped playing daily. Need to get back into the swing of things. Especially since it's gonna start getting a bit nicer outside (low 90s).

Most beautiful place i've played is a course in Lake Tahoe. Fuckin' A. Pretty hard course when the fairway is only 10 feet, it can be a bit rough.

I played pretty heavy for about a year, but it's popularity has skyrocketed and the courses are filled with douchebags here in washington state. Also, someone has stolen baskets from a couple of courses, which has caused them to get shut down for months at a time until they track the baskets down or raise money for new ones. I go about once a month or two now, still fun, just too crowded anymore...

go in the winter then!

i love playing in the snow, just gotta pay a little bit of attention to where you land.