Disc Golf (aka Frisbee Golf)

djones0930

I've been constantly playing since this summer and have grown to love/hate this game/this sport. Just last month a 9-basket course was installed about ten minutes from me, and it's decent (a lot of people walking by the baskets and dumbass kids who think it's cool it take a frisbee and walk away)

I feel like I've become addicted because as soon as I'm done with work, I'll play a round or two. If I get a day off, I get a few friends and we'll drive an hour to different courses and get our asses kicked by trees and wind.

Anyone else play?

Are there any awesome courses you guys/gals know of?

Since I live in Berryville, VA, I've played at:

Jim Barnett Park (Winchester, VA)

Sherando Park (Stephens City, VA)

Signal View (Maurertown, VA)

Poorhouse Farm (Martinsburg, WV)

Whispering Falls (Greencastle, PA)

The Woodshed and The Whipping Post (Paw Paw, WV)

I love playing but I dont get out as much as I'd like. My wife likes to remind me that I was a little late on our wedding day because I was playing golf with my father and friends earlier in the day.

I think i've played all the course around Atlanta.

You were playing frisbee golf, or regular golf?

If you were playing frisbee golf, that's awesome. Regardless, thankfully your wifey still said yes to marriage.

Also, for those of you who do not know much about "frolfing", I'll tell you this:

It's free (unless it's on some old dudes private land)

Plenty of places to smoke pot (I don't, but I my friends light up while we play)

Plenty of times to drink beer (trashcans for bottles/cans, and plenty of cover to piss)

Good exercise

Cool hippies to meet who've been playing since the 70s

etc.

I started playing this about 10 years ago. Loved it. However in the last 5 or so years it has become over run with Frat Boy douche bags and stupid stoners. I didn't play it at all this year actually.

That being said the game itself is a blast and it is a nice bit of exercise depending on the course layout. We have numerous courses in the area and I've played them all many many time.

I still can't throw a regular frisbee because I am so used to throwing Disc golf discs.

However in the last 5 or so years it has become over run with Frat Boy douche bags and stupid stoners.

Haha remind me not to go to Buffalo, NY...jaykay

But, thankfully in this area, the courses are populated with some stoners, and a couple more stoners who are nice dudes and dudettes.

Did you ever play glow disc golf? The course in Martinsburg, WV will occasionally have GDG night which consists of you buying small glowsticks (1" long) and taping them to your disc, then at each basket there are many full length glowsticks tied to the chains.

It's difficult but pretty awesome. Some people just camp out afterwards and have little kumbaya sessions.

However in the last 5 or so years it has become over run with Frat Boy douche bags and stupid stoners.

This.

I think I got out once this year, first throw I lost my disc and called it quits. Haven't seriously played in about 3 years or so.

Not sure how close you are to Greencastle, PA -- but if it's close enough, go there! I've played there a few times (mainly during the early part of the day) and I've yet to come across any DGF (disc golf fuckers).

Well during the early part of the summer where I live/work we installed a 9 hole course. Also down the road from us in Fox River park it looks like they've got 2 courses 1 18 hole course and a 9 hole course spread throughout the park, but I have yet to play there. About 15 minutes away there's another course that I've played a bunch on and really like its also an 18 hole course over in Antioch, IL.

Well during the early part of the summer where I live/work we installed a 9 hole course. Also down the road from us in Fox River park it looks like they've got 2 courses 1 18 hole course and a 9 hole course spread throughout the park, but I have yet to play there. About 15 minutes away there's another course that I've played a bunch on and really like its also an 18 hole course over in Antioch, IL.

Sounds pretty classy! Frisbee Golf Tour 2011! Do you have plenty of beer and room for my aerobed? haha

my favorite cousin is really into it. and plays cash tournaments and does pretty well.

i went to a tournament with him in may 2008 that was a blast in montgomery, vt. some of the nicest people i've ever hungout with. not to mention the owners of magic hat played in it, and brought a subaru wagon full of cases of it for free.

i've played on courses in mass (4), vermont (3), connecticut (2), new york (2), and florida (1)

i suck at the shit but it's still pretty fun.

my favorite cousin is really into it. and plays cash tournaments and does pretty well.

i went to a tournament with him in may 2008 that was a blast in montgomery, vt. some of the nicest people i've ever hungout with. not to mention the owners of magic hat played in it, and brought a subaru wagon full of cases of it for free.

i've played on courses in mass (4), vermont (3), connecticut (2), new york (2), and florida (1)

i suck at the shit but it's still pretty fun.

Magic Hat was there? Goddamnit! That would have been the greatest thing ever! I now have a reason to visit Vermont besides Ben & Jerry's factory.

Also, snowboarding there is probably awesome too.

I constantly fuck up and I actually have "tourettes" nickname on the fields in which I play because I can't help but shout profanities all the time. It's great though, because I'm basically the comic relief when everyone else is doing absolutely horrible.

I played pretty heavy for about a year, but it's popularity has skyrocketed and the courses are filled with douchebags here in washington state. Also, someone has stolen baskets from a couple of courses, which has caused them to get shut down for months at a time until they track the baskets down or raise money for new ones. I go about once a month or two now, still fun, just too crowded anymore...

why do people still call this frisbee golf? it's disc golf. augh... :P (sorta).

as far as playing, i play when i can. i live blocks from a disc golf course, and there like 12 to 15 courses around town (some private) that are great to play at. Some harder than others. It's a nice time when the weather is nice. But it can be a bit much, depending on the course, when it's a sweltering 100+ degrees outside with no sign of shade. Some course are more fun than others, depending on your skill level. I like playing the course near me because it's a 18 hole course with only a few holes over 500+, and there is only one par 4. lots of dog leg routes and a few shallow fairways, but still fun. I still have yet to get a hole in one, but i've gotten close on a 300+ hole. Hit the chains and bounced off. I was pissed.