what's your favorite pedal?

Guest markovianprocess

A Boss DS-1 (Hottie Blonde mod) which sounds like a tube distortion, beautiful stuff. I'm also very fond of the Marshall Echohead. I had a custom tap-tempo switch made for it. It's great fun turning the repeats up full and creating a nice wall of sound.

Kinda good hooked on my Boss SD-1. Really wanna get my hands on a Fulltone OCD

does your sd-1 give off a lot of noise? mine did, i had to get rid of it. Then again i don't like any boss distortions unless they're modded because they sound tinny.

Surprisingly a Dano cool cat is similar to the OCD pedal v1 and a whole lot cheaper. The OCD is slightly warmer though and Fulltone pedal is built like a tank whereas the cool cat is plastic, but change the housing and for $35 compared to a $135 pedal, it's gonna sound amazing.

my favorite pedals i've fucked with lately are:

- Malekko Ekko 616 (probably the best analog delay for the money)

- OCD v3 (only one i'd ever buy again) or a 4 (modded to v3 specs)

- POG (for shits n giggles)

- Empress Superdelay (holy shit, this thing is awesome, but way too much for me)

- Redwitch Famulas. Probably my favorite distortion if you're not doing metal.

I really want to try a mastortion pedal. anyone try one yet.

Kinda good hooked on my Boss SD-1. Really wanna get my hands on a Fulltone OCD

does your sd-1 give off a lot of noise? mine did, i had to get rid of it. Then again i don't like any boss distortions unless they're modded because they sound tinny.

Surprisingly a Dano cool cat is similar to the OCD pedal v1 and a whole lot cheaper. The OCD is slightly warmer though and Fulltone pedal is built like a tank whereas the cool cat is plastic, but change the housing and for $35 compared to a $135 pedal, it's gonna sound amazing.

my favorite pedals i've fucked with lately are:

- Malekko Ekko 616 (probably the best analog delay for the money)

- OCD v3 (only one i'd ever buy again) or a 4 (modded to v3 specs)

- POG (for shits n giggles)

- Empress Superdelay (holy shit, this thing is awesome, but way too much for me)

- Redwitch Famulas. Probably my favorite distortion if you're not doing metal.

I really want to try a mastortion pedal. anyone try one yet.

it's kinda noisy, but then again I"m usually slamming the preamp on my 2204 so it could be from anywhere haha

Guest markovianprocess
[image]

Seeing this reminded me of this pedal I've always wanted to try:

[image]

Supposedly the Kick Pad is to "sends the reverb into a thunderous explosion. Why the kick pad? Believe it or not, bands in the 50’s and 60’s used to kick the side of their amp to get this effect!" Has anyone tried this pedal?

I've always liked Danelectro equipment. I've got the 18V Cool Cat Chorus and the crazy Black Paisley pedal along with my DC-59 and U2-56 90's reissues.

[image]

Seeing this reminded me of this pedal I've always wanted to try:

[image]

Supposedly the Kick Pad is to "sends the reverb into a thunderous explosion. Why the kick pad? Believe it or not, bands in the 50’s and 60’s used to kick the side of their amp to get this effect!" Has anyone tried this pedal?

I've always liked Danelectro equipment. I've got the 18V Cool Cat Chorus and the crazy Black Paisley pedal along with my DC-59 and U2-56 90's reissues.

I wanted to get this one as well it seemed pretty interesting. I just ended up buying a Holy Grail from a friend of mine for $30. I wish I had just spent the money on this.

I fucking love my tape echo though, I love how precise it is. After I played a few shows with it another local bands guitar player got one. I was kinda flattered and kinda pissed at the same time, but that's how it goes.

The NS-2 Works wonders. Kills any hum i have from my amp (which is very little). Best thing i bought in a while.

kidamnesiac: modded or stock? Buying a TS-9 nowadays is a gamble because of the chips used in production. I bought one about a year ago and returned it because it sounded like a crate style overdrive. Just pure drivel. It was just way too bright and not nearly as smooth as my old one (of which i regret selling in the first place)

Yeah man. Things are kind of hit or miss with the TS-9. Guitarist in my old band had one (circa 2006) that I loved. Guitarist in my most recent band tried one for a while that I wasn't as happy with for similar reasons to those you mentioned. They also break/die really easy. But when they're good they're GOOD!

I've heard tale of the Keeley modded ones. Supposedly they add a toggle switch for you to create presets or something, in addition to making it true bypass and a bunch of other goodies. Sounds like it would be amazing.

Yeah man. Things are kind of hit or miss with the TS-9. Guitarist in my old band had one (circa 2006) that I loved. Guitarist in my most recent band tried one for a while that I wasn't as happy with for similar reasons to those you mentioned. They also break/die really easy. But when they're good they're GOOD!

I've heard tale of the Keeley modded ones. Supposedly they add a toggle switch for you to create presets or something, in addition to making it true bypass and a bunch of other goodies. Sounds like it would be amazing.

yeah, they add the chip that the original 808's had to give it more bass response and give it a warmer tone. They change some caps and give it a overhaul to make it sound like a old 808. It's not cheap in the least though, because making it true-bypass is a pain the ass for that particular pedal because of the space enclosure. But they do it. It would wind up costing you the price of a boutique overdrive pedal anyway. ebay has them from time to time for decent price. My co-worker does these mods for people often. I should just buy a old one and have him mod it. because they sound great after everything is all said and done.

the only thing with true bypass is the loud pop you get sometimes, unless it's consistently on or you have a cap to bleed the dc current to ground. even that sometimes doesn't help. it's the nature of the beast.