AAR LP, MANSON LP, MADE OUT OF BABIES LP, GHASTLY

This is the same guy who has repeatedly attacked/mocked/insulted/[whatever verb you want to use] upstart labels for licensing titles from other labels, indie and major alike. It's some serious pot/kettle shit.

I should add that I don't give a fuck what label licenses what title from what other label—I'm just in favor of good records being pressed on vinyl, no matter who does them.

I never post on here, but I felt a need to respond here. I have no personal stake in any of this (and know none of the particulars involved here), but man, you have such a hateboner for Magic Bullet. Cool it, Charlie. Calling someone out on their ties to major labels when that's the kinda shit that keeps AP's lights on is silly. Who are you to criticize a dude for putting out his friend's band, even if they happen to be massive?

must.remember.the.word.HATEBONER!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never post on here, but I felt a need to respond here. I have no personal stake in any of this (and know none of the particulars involved here), but man, you have such a hateboner for Magic Bullet. Cool it, Charlie. Calling someone out on their ties to major labels when that's the kinda shit that keeps AP's lights on is silly. Who are you to criticize a dude for putting out his friend's band, even if they happen to be massive?

must.remember.the.word.HATEBONER!

MBL-1488 HATEBONER / Charles Manson split 6.9"

out 4.1.11

Doesn't AP do features on bands that are part of huge media companies (and run advertising from those same companies), like, all the time? I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

This is the same guy who has repeatedly attacked/mocked/insulted/[whatever verb you want to use] upstart labels for licensing titles from other labels, indie and major alike. It's some serious pot/kettle shit.

I should add that I don't give a fuck what label licenses what title from what other label—I'm just in favor of good records being pressed on vinyl, no matter who does them.

Personally I hate that shit, upstart labels that exist solely to licence major label stuff is some wack ass shit. More of a broker than a label. Easy cop out to pretending to run a label without putting in the hard work and risk involved.

long time listener, first time caller....

exactly.

the guy got a response about the pressing info and acted like a self-important dick about it, so he got an appropriate reaction. also, it's fucking punk music. if your purchasing of music is solely dependent on the color or limited availability of a record, you have some shit you need to work out. straight up.

i am admittedly most likely biased because i'm a big fan of the stuff brent puts out and have been for at least a decade now, but i don't see how calling a guy out for being a dickweed is mistreating anyone. if someone was giving you shit, you wouldn't be nice to them either.

Soooo, you think that calling me a dick is going to get you "pressing numbers" on an ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS record? "Dick" comment aside, we're talking about the All-American Rejects... Literally one of the biggest bands in the world. Like we're going to press 300 of them? It's not limited. It will be in print for as long as people want it. Crazy concept!

I don't understand why you make it a point to be so hostile to your customers. If someone asks how many records you pressed, instead of ignoring them or brushing them off (or writing increasingly ridiculous, increasingly self-righteous posts defending your label regarding a release you acquired from the biggest media company in the world, UMG), just say, "I ordered 1000 but pressing plants never hit the mark exactly, so it's probably around there." What's so hard about that?

Yo Scott, congratulations being a big-mouthed, butthurt, online know-nothing once again who has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to my dealings. Interscope doesn't own the vinyl rights, neither does UMG. Never did.

on a more positive note, Brent you should totally talk to Josh Graham... I bet he'd be stoked if somebody picked up the slack on that incredible BATTLE OF MICE album on wax, and he'd probably be able to sort out the Neurot stuff fairly easily.

I'll email you, homie. Would be good to get that one back on track. I met him at that Wolves/Storm show we jammed, but didn't trade contact or anything.

HATEBONER 7" + 8" + 10" + 12" (get it, hur hur, get it, VINYL COLLEXTORZ INNUENDO!) out 4/20/11.

Also: I was pretty good about packing a ton and hitting the post office 4 days this past week. Should be all caught up by the end of next week on the current orders. Everything is still available, though qty's are getting low on a few.

http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

Niku - it's on mixy marbly vinyl.

deafmx - It's a dense listen. Once he gets going, he gets going. Recorded in his cell. Acoustic guitar and voice. A couple spoken word tracks. We've gotten some outright refusals for reviews because a lot of writers apparently still suck their thumbs as adults. But you can preview a track here:

http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl138/

(bottom)

Thanks.