AAR LP, MANSON LP, MADE OUT OF BABIES LP, GHASTLY

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello - Pressing plants rarely hit what you order on the nose. There's almost always overs, unders, and even different colors you didn't order (i.e. I ordered some Mansons on gold and they came back purple with like 50+ missing). The quantities come to me on the final invoices, which come well after the point that I put them up for sale. I don't have time to sit there, count every piece of vinyl, and then talk about "how limited" they are online.

Outside of that, if "how limited" a record is determines whether you're going to buy it or not, I can speak for the bands and everyone that works here by simply stating that Magic Bullet is not the label for you. No offense intended with that at all, but for myself and the bands, this isn't simply a fun hobby like comics or baseball cards. The music will always be the most important thing. #2 is getting the music into the hands of literally everyone that wants it for as long as they want (selling it when we physically have it on hand and shipping it out as fast as we can). Literally the last thing we care about is having "OOP" titles or "eBay gold." No worries though - there are PLENTY of other labels who will feed your pre-order/pressing numbers/rare "vinyl" OCD in this day and age.

Anyway, I have written back everyone who placed an order via email. Now I'm off to go pack orders. Should be completely caught up on new orders within a couple weeks, but I'll be doing daily runs to the post office before each packing session. Thanks to all who supported and continue to support.

again the question begs you had to place an order for a certain number of records on each color of that AAR LP. give people that number instead of purposely being a dick about it. and if the quantities apparently come on the final incoives, then you have the exact number. and going by how many color variants of varying rarity there are of AAR records, they seem to care about it. you dont have the time to talk about the pressing info online, but you have the time to defend your reasons for not giving out pressing info online. so going by what you said, you do have the pressing info, probably right in front of you on a sheet of paper, youre just going out of your way to be a dick about the entire thing.

Wow dude, lets just pump the breaks, alright?

He isn't acting like a dick, he is basically trying to point out that this whole deal is silly.

I understand that you want to know the pressing info, and that you are basing whether or not to buy a record, simply because you don't know how limited it is.

However, do you not see how fucking stupid that is?

And to be honest, if you did try and place an order with Magic Bullet for this LP, I wouldn't be surprised if he canceled your order.

After all, you are calling him a dick for putting out quality vinyl releases, having the balls to simply package all of these by himself and if something is wrong with your order he will go out of his way to fix it, and make sure everything is how it should be.

Magic Bullet is one of the best labels / distros out there, and these releases own.

again the question begs you had to place an order for a certain number of records on each color of that AAR LP. give people that number instead of purposely being a dick about it. and if the quantities apparently come on the final incoives, then you have the exact number. and going by how many color variants of varying rarity there are of AAR records, they seem to care about it. you dont have the time to talk about the pressing info online, but you have the time to defend your reasons for not giving out pressing info online. so going by what you said, you do have the pressing info, probably right in front of you on a sheet of paper, youre just going out of your way to be a dick about the entire thing.

please leave and never come back.

Yeah, that one is completely amazing. I think it's tied up in Neurot land. I'll find out what's up since I have to get out MOOB's "Trophy" at some point (also a Neurot title).

i remember robotic empire was talking about pressing it. this would have been around two years or so ago though. so i imagine whatever they had done ended up falling through.

i'd buy that shit for sure.

Soooo, you think that calling me a dick is going to get you "pressing numbers" on an ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS record? "Dick" comment aside, we're talking about the All-American Rejects... Literally one of the biggest bands in the world. Like we're going to press 300 of them? It's not limited. It will be in print for as long as people want it. Crazy concept!

I don't understand why you make it a point to be so hostile to your customers. If someone asks how many records you pressed, instead of ignoring them or brushing them off (or writing increasingly ridiculous, increasingly self-righteous posts defending your label regarding a release you acquired from the biggest media company in the world, UMG), just say, "I ordered 1000 but pressing plants never hit the mark exactly, so it's probably around there." What's so hard about that?

Soooo, you think that calling me a dick is going to get you "pressing numbers" on an ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS record? "Dick" comment aside, we're talking about the All-American Rejects... Literally one of the biggest bands in the world. Like we're going to press 300 of them? It's not limited. It will be in print for as long as people want it. Crazy concept!

I don't understand why you make it a point to be so hostile to your customers. If someone asks how many records you pressed, instead of ignoring them or brushing them off (or writing increasingly ridiculous, increasingly self-righteous posts defending your label regarding a release you acquired from the biggest media company in the world, UMG), just say, "I ordered 1000 but pressing plants never hit the mark exactly, so it's probably around there." What's so hard about that?

Yeah, it's just a number. Unless he pressed 25,000 or even 10,000 of them and doesn't want to share that number, it shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

He already answered this, though.

I don't understand why people still are clamoring for pressing info after the question was pretty definitively answered. Who cares. If you like the album, buy it. Buy both colors, even. Fuck.

(or writing increasingly ridiculous, increasingly self-righteous posts defending your label regarding a release you acquired from the biggest media company in the world, UMG)

Doesn't AP do features on bands that are part of huge media companies (and run advertising from those same companies), like, all the time? I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

(or writing increasingly ridiculous, increasingly self-righteous posts defending your label regarding a release you acquired from the biggest media company in the world, UMG)

Doesn't AP do features on bands that are part of huge media companies (and run advertising from those same companies), like, all the time? I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

This is the same guy who has repeatedly attacked/mocked/insulted/[whatever verb you want to use] upstart labels for licensing titles from other labels, indie and major alike. It's some serious pot/kettle shit.

I should add that I don't give a fuck what label licenses what title from what other label—I'm just in favor of good records being pressed on vinyl, no matter who does them.

This is the same guy who has repeatedly attacked/mocked/insulted/[whatever verb you want to use] upstart labels for licensing titles from other labels, indie and major alike. It's some serious pot/kettle shit.

I should add that I don't give a fuck what label licenses what title from what other label—I'm just in favor of good records being pressed on vinyl, no matter who does them.

I never post on here, but I felt a need to respond here. I have no personal stake in any of this (and know none of the particulars involved here), but man, you have such a hateboner for Magic Bullet. Cool it, Charlie. Calling someone out on their ties to major labels when that's the kinda shit that keeps AP's lights on is silly. Who are you to criticize a dude for putting out his friend's band, even if they happen to be massive?