AAR LP, MANSON LP, MADE OUT OF BABIES LP, GHASTLY

Notes on The All-American Rejects "When the World Comes Down" LP : This is the band's last studio album, available on vinyl for the first time ever. I'm stoked because I've been planning on doing a variety of projects with these dudes for ages, but I never thought an actual full-length would get dropped in my lap. This is the record that yielded quite a few hit singles ("Gives You Hell," "I Wanna," "The Wind Blows," "Real World," et al), yet genuinely works as a cohesive, filler-free album from start to finish. In fact, some of my favorite tracks on the album ("Another Heart Calls," "Damn Girl," "Breakin") were never pushed as singles. Beyond the caliber of the music itself, this is the album where the band rejected the "loudness war" that's plagued both mainstream pop music and independent music alike in recent years. The end result is a dynamic album where turning the volume up on your stereo results in a FULLER musical experience versus a LOUDER racket. I highly endorse the cranking of this LP for maximum results... you definitely hear "more" with each turn on this one.

[image]

[image]

MBL143 - THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS "When the World Comes Down" LP

- Available for the first time ever on vinyl

- Recorded, produced, and mixed by Eric Valentine at Barefoot Recording and Skywalker Ranch. Mastered by Bernie Grundman.

- Housed in a gorgeous gatefold sleeve with matte finish and a printed dust sleeve. Complete lyrics, full album credits, and more photos than you can shake a stick at.

- First press is available on translucent blue vinyl and black vinyl

- RIAA-certified Gold Record

- For more information and an Mp3, please visit: http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl143/

- To enter the band's world, please visit: http://www.allamericanrejects.com

To order the LP online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

Notes on Charles Manson "Air" LP :

“Why come to me… with all this dying and all this fear and all this bullshit? I’m not into dying and fear. I’m into music. I play music.”

- Charles Manson c. 1988

Long before the fear, the media fixation, and cult of personality surrounding what we’ve come to know publicly as CHARLES MANSON, a 27-year old inmate at McNeil Island Penitentiary, dubbed “Little Charlie” by those on the inside, found true respite and solace in the form of a six string guitar. Late-blooming aside, MANSON took to the guitar like a fish to water. This initially came much to the surprise of his first guitar teacher, fellow inmate and legendary Ma Barker Gang heavy Alvin “Creepy” Karpis. Sympathetic to MANSON’s tumultuous, institutionalized upbringing (which saw him in countless orphanages, reformatories, and prisons all throughout his young life), Karpis would later pen “it (was) time someone did something for him.” And as Karpis would stick to his pledge, Charlie would not disappoint. By the time of his release in 1967 (some 6 years after his first lesson from Karpis), MANSON wandered into the streets of San Francisco already quite the accomplished singer and songwriter.

True to form, and no less than a year later, MANSON found himself both on the radar of major producers and in front of the boards of a legendary studio session funded by BEACH BOYS drummer Dennis Wilson. That recording would be titled LIE and ultimately saw release on ESP Disk on March 6 of 1970. To this day, it serves as MANSON’s only formal studio session between his parole from prison in 1967 and the historic death-penalty-turned-life-sentence ruling handed down in 1970. Yet the influence of MANSON’s music continues to be immeasurable. Wilson himself would re-pen the MANSON cut “Cease to Exist” in 1969 for the BEACH BOYS, who in turn recorded it for their “20/20″ album under the new song title “Never Learn Not to Love.” At the height of their popularity, and a full 24 years later, GUNS N’ ROSES covered “Look at Your Game, Girl” on their 1993 album “The Spaghetti Incident.” Current popular acts such as ALKALINE TRIO, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, and MARILYN MANSON continue the tradition with numerous covers, vocal references, and homages to both MANSON’s songs and his life. Unquestionably, with each passing decade, the list of mainstream and underground artists covering songs from LIE and/or referencing the musical and philosophical work of CHARLES MANSON becomes both undeniable and impressive.

2010 marks a solid 40-year stint of incarceration for CHARLES MANSON under his life sentence. Through all that time, MANSON has been by all accounts almost monk-like in his commitment and continued work toward both his music and a personal environmental philosophy he coined “ATWA” (an acronym for “Air, Trees, Water, Animals”) specifically.

AIR, TREES, WATER, and ANIMALS is a 4-part, seasonal album series by CHARLES MANSON on Magic Bullet Records that brings together these two passions. Each individual album features previously-unheard, authorized, and exclusive songs with a sharp focus on the non-sustainable environmental conditions mankind has wrought for itself. The recordings span numerous sessions and are presented in their raw, natural, and unadulterated form. Each installment also features striking artwork and careful presentation centered around the tenets and philosophies of ATWA (including exclusive paintings rendered by MANSON himself). When all of the sensationalism, fear, projection, and knee-jerk response is stripped away, all that remains is a man named Charlie, strumming and picking away on his guitar and sending his passions into the ether.

[image]

[image]

MBL138-1 - CHARLES MANSON "AIR" LP

- Part 1 in a 4-part series of exclusive full-length albums from Charles Manson on Magic Bullet

- Record housed in UV-coated jacket featuring an exclusive photograph of Manson at 75. Insert features an exclusive painting by Manson and exclusive writings from Manson to purchasers of the album.

- Free full-album Mp3 download with every LP

- First press is available on purple haze vinyl and black vinyl

- For more information and an Mp3, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl138/

- For more information on ongoing Manson projects and authorized communique from the inside: http://www.facebook.com/charlesmansonmusic

To order this LP online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

Notes on Ghastly City Sleep "Moondrifts" 2xLP : I've always wanted to do a record that pulled heavily from the deepest crevices of Brandon Evans' mind. I met Brandon in late 1999 or so and always appreciated his take on artistic expression, be it on canvas, on a record, or simply in the act of performance itself... He's just always given 100% and gone beyond what most people put forth in these capacities. And while I've issued records he's played on over the years with pg.99, I'd had yet to put out a "full-immersion" Brandon record. This all changes with "Moondrifts," the first proper full length from his current project GHASTLY CITY SLEEP, a band he does with friends C.B. Houck, Matt Boyle, and now Ryan Parrish (who I've released music for under the YEARS and SUPPRESSION banners). Over a year in the laborious making, it's finally available for all to experience. The music is a highly evolved step forward from their 12" debut and finds the band stepping into that rare air of actually creating their own sound. This is one of those records where you could make a list of what it "kinda" sounds like, but then your buddy would be all "whoa, whoa, whoa... Sade?" So yeah, best to let the music speak for itself on this one.

Visually, this one is a doozy. Gatefold LP packaging hit with a matte finish base, then topped with metallic bronze, and spot UV varnish to give it a rather insane texture. You can FEEL the little wolf-y fox-y thing on the cover. Inside are printed dust sleeves featuring insanely meticulous typesetting and paintings that literally took months to complete.

This is not a "record it over the weekend, lay it out in Illustrator Tuesday night" kind of album. You'll understand why this took over a year to produce when you set your eyes and ears on it.

[image]

[image]

[image]

MBL142-1 - GHASTLY CITY SLEEP "MOONDRIFTS" 2xLP

- First full length from one of the most ambitious indie bands going

- Our most insane packaging job all year: multiple finishes, specialty inks, paintings created from scratch, and on and on

- Free full-album Mp3 download with every 2xLP

- For more information and an Mp3, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/bands/active/ghastlycitysleep/

- For more information and tracks from the band, please visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghastly-City-Sleep/108990215805092

To order the 2xLP online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

Notes on Made Out of Babies "The Ruiner" LP : God dammit, I love this album so much. It seriously makes me feel like I want to spend the rest of the day doing nothing but throwing bad guys through drywall. Or maybe holding them by their ankles over the Gotham skyline, simply to hear them confess to everything ever... From the get-go, the album just puts forth a very specific and amazing symbiosis of frantic energy, dominating confidence, and cathartic satisfaction. It feels like the exorcism of everything you've ever held inside since you were born, and I don't mean that lightly. Vocalist Julie Christmas paints vividly visceral lyrical imagery performed at full contact over a surging, almost majestic charge led by guitarist Brendan Tobin, bassist Eric Cooper, and drummer Matt Egan. In some ways, it's pure id coming unglued and being set loose. In others, it's simply one of the most genius takes on heavy music ever committed to tape.

[image]

MBL136 - MADE OUT OF BABIES "THE RUINER" LP

- Available for the first time ever on vinyl

- Features artwork/layout by Seldon Hunt

- First press is available on purple vinyl

- For more information and an Mp3, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl136/

- For more information and tracks from the band, please visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Made-Out-of-Babies/32257998182

To order the LP online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

Notes on Years "Semblance" 2xCD : "Semblance" is the 2+ hour, double disc mega-full length debut from YEARS, aka multi-instrumentalist Ryan Parrish. Somehow, some way, in between touring the world many times over annually (behind the drum kit for DARKEST HOUR, SUPPRESSION, and now GHASTLY CITY SLEEP), Parrish creates the time in private to both create and explore a sonically-textured, mood-driven world far removed from the entropic chaos of daily life.

"Semblance" is 24 tracks (12 on each disc) of full immersion into the melodic and near-meditative id of its creator. Glacially paced and deliberate, the album is much more of a linear journey than a traditional collection of songs, striking somewhere around the sweet spot of SIGUR RÓS’ emotional pitch and GROWING (good/old GROWING)’s exploratory and child-like sonic ambition. It is truly an album that reveals new layers upon each listen.

Housed with compelling visual accompaniment, Semblance is being offered in a very strict edition of 500 pieces.

[image]

MBL119 - YEARS "SEMBLANCE" 2xCD

- Limited to 500 copies

- Debut mega-full length from Ryan Parrish (DARKEST HOUR, SUPPRESSION, GHASTLY CITY SLEEP)

- 2 discs = over 2 hours of meditative bliss

- $6 ppd in the US? You can't lose.

- For more information and an Mp3, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/site/discography/mbl119/

- For more information and tracks from the band, please visit http://www.myspace.com/yearsrva

To order this 2xCD online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

NEW REPRESSES!!

• INTEGRITY "VVe Are The End" 7" - WHITE vinyl!

• THIS WILL DESTROY YOU "Young Mountain" LP - Louis edition - RED vinyl!

• THIS WILL DESTROY YOU "Young Mountain" LP - Louis edition - MAKE IT PURPLE RAIN vinyl!

• THIS WILL DESTROY YOU / LYMBYC SYSTYM "Field Studies" LP - GREEN vinyl!

• THIS WILL DESTROY YOU / LYMBYC SYSTYM "Field Studies" LP - RED vinyl!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

To order this these online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

RESTOCKS (OLD OOP SHIT WE GOT BACK FROM WEA!)

• THE BURNING PARIS "And By December..." CD (1 left!)

• THE BURNING PARIS "Half-Truths..." Anthology CD (11 left!)

• CAVE IN "Moons of Jupiter" limited CD (6 left!)

• CAVE IN "Live Airwaves" limited CD (9 left!)

• COBRA NOIR "Abode of the Dead" LP (15 left!)

• CORN ON MACABRE "Chapter I" 7" on blue (3 left!)

• LOSER LIFE "I Have Ghosts..." LP on 1ST PRESS CLEAR VINYL (21 left!)

• MENEGUAR "I Was Born At Night" CD - 1ST PRESS (10 left!)

• SOMETREE "Parzival/End My Repeating" CD (11 left!)

• SOMETREE "Clever, Clever..." CD (1 left!)

• SOMETREE "Moleskine" CD (24 left!)

• STEPHEN BRODSKY'S "Expose Your Overdubs" CD (6 left!)

• STEPHEN BRODSKY'S "Olé Sunday" CD (1 left!)

• TEXTBOOK TRAITORS "You Pull the Strings" CD (11 left!)

• TO DREAM OF AUTUMN "Kill Your Cul-De-Sac/Live on WNYU" CD (5 left!)

• WAIFLE / CRESTFALLEN split 7" (5 left!)

• THE WAYWARD "Overexposure" LP/CD GOLD VINYL (33 left!)

To order this these online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorder.html

--

NEW DISTRIBUTED TITLES

• ADAI "Felo De Se" LP (Green vinyl)

• CHARLES MANSON "Summer of Hate - The '67 Sessions" Italian import CD

• GEHENNA / CALIFORNIA LOVE split 7"

• GEHENNA / BLIND TO FAITH split 7" (Marble)

• GIANTS "S/T" LP (Green/White Haze)

• NORTH "Ruins" LP (Clear/White Haze)

• PULLING TEETH / SHIN TO SHIN split 7" (Camo Marble)

• ROSETTA / RESTORATIONS split LP

To order this these online, please visit http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/mailorderaux.html

--

Thank you.

http://www.magicbulletrecords.com

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't counted. Between all the new releases and all the represses I got in all at once, there's many thousands of pieces of new vinyl, covers, inserts, polybags, download coupons, etc. hanging out in my living and dining rooms right now. For the moment, I'm focused on assembling, packing them up, and shipping them out to people. If there's ever a break in the action, I'll get breakdowns up on the site at some point. Least of my concerns for now though.

I might be totally wrong here, but it does seem like having the pressing info would either be something you'd have upon ordering, or something you should figure out. Especially if you're selling represses and selling to record collectors. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like pressing info and I seek it out for all my records.

I haven't counted. Between all the new releases and all the represses I got in all at once, there's many thousands of pieces of new vinyl, covers, inserts, polybags, download coupons, etc. hanging out in my living and dining rooms right now. For the moment, I'm focused on assembling, packing them up, and shipping them out to people. If there's ever a break in the action, I'll get breakdowns up on the site at some point. Least of my concerns for now though.

It's like he gets off on being withholding.

Hello - Pressing plants rarely hit what you order on the nose. There's almost always overs, unders, and even different colors you didn't order (i.e. I ordered some Mansons on gold and they came back purple with like 50+ missing). The quantities come to me on the final invoices, which come well after the point that I put them up for sale. I don't have time to sit there, count every piece of vinyl, and then talk about "how limited" they are online.

Outside of that, if "how limited" a record is determines whether you're going to buy it or not, I can speak for the bands and everyone that works here by simply stating that Magic Bullet is not the label for you. No offense intended with that at all, but for myself and the bands, this isn't simply a fun hobby like comics or baseball cards. The music will always be the most important thing. #2 is getting the music into the hands of literally everyone that wants it for as long as they want (selling it when we physically have it on hand and shipping it out as fast as we can). Literally the last thing we care about is having "OOP" titles or "eBay gold." No worries though - there are PLENTY of other labels who will feed your pre-order/pressing numbers/rare "vinyl" OCD in this day and age.

Anyway, I have written back everyone who placed an order via email. Now I'm off to go pack orders. Should be completely caught up on new orders within a couple weeks, but I'll be doing daily runs to the post office before each packing session. Thanks to all who supported and continue to support.

Hello - Pressing plants rarely hit what you order on the nose. There's almost always overs, unders, and even different colors you didn't order (i.e. I ordered some Mansons on gold and they came back purple with like 50+ missing). The quantities come to me on the final invoices, which come well after the point that I put them up for sale. I don't have time to sit there, count every piece of vinyl, and then talk about "how limited" they are online.

Outside of that, if "how limited" a record is determines whether you're going to buy it or not, I can speak for the bands and everyone that works here by simply stating that Magic Bullet is not the label for you. No offense intended with that at all, but for myself and the bands, this isn't simply a fun hobby like comics or baseball cards. The music will always be the most important thing. #2 is getting the music into the hands of literally everyone that wants it for as long as they want (selling it when we physically have it on hand and shipping it out as fast as we can). Literally the last thing we care about is having "OOP" titles or "eBay gold." No worries though - there are PLENTY of other labels who will feed your pre-order/pressing numbers/rare "vinyl" OCD in this day and age.

Anyway, I have written back everyone who placed an order via email. Now I'm off to go pack orders. Should be completely caught up on new orders within a couple weeks, but I'll be doing daily runs to the post office before each packing session. Thanks to all who supported and continue to support.

again the question begs you had to place an order for a certain number of records on each color of that AAR LP. give people that number instead of purposely being a dick about it. and if the quantities apparently come on the final incoives, then you have the exact number. and going by how many color variants of varying rarity there are of AAR records, they seem to care about it. you dont have the time to talk about the pressing info online, but you have the time to defend your reasons for not giving out pressing info online. so going by what you said, you do have the pressing info, probably right in front of you on a sheet of paper, youre just going out of your way to be a dick about the entire thing.

Soooo, you think that calling me a dick is going to get you "pressing numbers" on an ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS record? "Dick" comment aside, we're talking about the All-American Rejects... Literally one of the biggest bands in the world. Like we're going to press 300 of them? It's not limited. It will be in print for as long as people want it. Crazy concept!

How will I know whether these records are good or not if I don't know how many were pressed?

+1

and brent, i have a lot of respect for you for caring more about getting me my vinyl quicker than getting people their pressing numbers so they know which one to buy to make more money to flip... thanks dude!