O'Donnell questions church/state separation

Fucking semantics...

I think we should give these nuts what they want. Break out the list of "recognized religions" in the United States and teach the kids about ALL of them.

See how religious parents like their kids being taught scientology and wicca.

Could you imagine the outrage? Besides, we're talking about christians here.. the bible is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Religion is such a sham. If these right wing nuts were born in Afghanistan, they wouldn't give two shits about the holy bible.

I'd be more prone to believe the argument that she was showing that the phrase, "Separation of church and state" doesn't appear in the constitution (or Bill of Rights), except she literally couldn't recall two amendments they asked her about earlier (all of which are the cornerstones of things she is campaigning against).

I'd be more prone to believe the argument that she was showing that the phrase, "Separation of church and state" doesn't appear in the constitution (or Bill of Rights), except she literally couldn't recall two amendments they asked her about earlier (all of which are the cornerstones of things she is campaigning against).

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, except even when he directly quotes the Constitution, she still questions him.

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, except even when he directly quotes the Constitution, she still questions him.

She didn't even seem to grasp the conservative talking point that "separation of church and state" is not in the Constitution.

It's a clear argument: the Constitution simply precludes the federal government from establishing an official religion, and that is all it prohibits.

But it sounds like she just heard the talking point, but didn't even understand the talking point. She sputtered, "phrase" at some point, meaning that the phrase isn't there, but it seemed like she thought that there was no mention of church/state at all in the First Amendment.

You can't even say she was arguing semantics. When she brought it up again later, the other dude recites the actual words, and she still says, "that's the first amendment?" or something to that effect.

She's a fucking retard.

The enitre conservative right is using semantics to defend her.

Saying she was referring only to the specific phrase "separation of church and state" when it was obvious from the video that is not what she meant.

When I read that people were defending her, I had see on what grounds. Of course it was no defense, just wordplay and bullshit.

You can't even say she was arguing semantics. When she brought it up again later, the other dude recites the actual words, and she still says, "that's the first amendment?" or something to that effect.

She's a fucking retard.

The enitre conservative right is using semantics to defend her.

Saying she was referring only to the specific phrase "separation of church and state" when it was obvious from the video that is not what she meant.

When I read that people were defending her, I had see on what grounds. Of course it was no defense, just wordplay and bullshit.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/christine-odonnell-i-won-that-first-amendment-debate-video.php?ref=fpb

lol