Let's talk about gall bladders.

drabley

Am almost positive I am experiencing a gall bladder attack brought on by gall stones. Anyone else ever have this issue or know of someone that has? What did they do to calm the symptoms?

I'm considering a gall bladder flush, but can't until the pain stops and the gall bladder calms down a bit.

Doctors and surgery are not an option at this point.

Guest eriathomas

I thought I was having the same thing for a few weeks, but an ultrasound showed my gallbladder was ok. Try eating stuff that promotes bile production, might help to calm it down. I think fruit and vegetable juices are good for bile production.

My friend's wife has had continuous gall bladder attacks for the past three years. They, like you, couldn't afford doctors/surgery. They became vegetarian and did monthly flushes hoping it would stop until they could get through college/get careers/insurance, but it didn't help. It lessened the attacks and made life tolerable for a while, but she continued to have them and they got worse.

One of our other friends eventually suggested that some hospitals have some kind of "debt forgiveness program" for people that have emergency surgery and can't afford the bill/don't have insurance.

So she "had an attack" one night, went to the emergency room, and had her gall bladder removed for FREE. There's a lot of paperwork to do, but she said it was so worth it. I'm not one to "condone" such behavior, but seems like a good solution ;)

She's been great ever since and they broke veg, making them MUCH more fun to hang out with haha.

I`ve got gallstones so far they haven't given me a lot of problems and I hope that continues , they just fuck with my liver function a little.

The Doctor told me to cut down on fat in my diet, like saturated fat and things like that, I've heard of people curing them or at least making them totally silent by doing that.

My friend's wife has had continuous gall bladder attacks for the past three years. They, like you, couldn't afford doctors/surgery. They became vegetarian and did monthly flushes hoping it would stop until they could get through college/get careers/insurance, but it didn't help. It lessened the attacks and made life tolerable for a while, but she continued to have them and they got worse.

One of our other friends eventually suggested that some hospitals have some kind of "debt forgiveness program" for people that have emergency surgery and can't afford the bill/don't have insurance.

So she "had an attack" one night, went to the emergency room, and had her gall bladder removed for FREE. There's a lot of paperwork to do, but she said it was so worth it. I'm not one to "condone" such behavior, but seems like a good solution ;)

She's been great ever since and they broke veg, making them MUCH more fun to hang out with haha.

Most teaching hospitals do this. Thier income is supplemented by local governments to help offset the costs. I broke my ankle in a rock climbing accident several years ago, didn't have insurance and had to use thier services. Not an ideal way to handle things, but it is an option.

when my dad had gall stones, he was so petrified of having an attack (apparently they worsen in intensity the longer you let it go untreated) that he cut out virtually all fat from his diet. and my dad looooves eating sweets, and any other bad-for-you food all the time. he lost around 25 lbs in a month and a half until he finally had surgery to just remove his gall bladder.