Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen LP reissue

http://www.summerskiss.com/2763/afghan-whigs-gentlemen-vinyl-re-issue/

Hi-Speed Soul to reissue landmark 1990s album Gentlemen on vinyl

The Afghan Whigs’ landmark album Gentlemen will be reissued on 180 gram vinyl by San Diego’s Hi-Speed Soul Records on January 25, 2011. The release will feature the complete studio album as well as a full color lyric sheet.

Gentlemen has been considered by music critics and Afghan Whigs’ fans the world over as the band’s masterpiece featuring quintessential songs like “Debonair,” “Gentlemen” and “What Jail Is Like.” As The Afghan Whigs’ major label debut (originally released by Elektra Records) Gentlemen was cinematic in its scope and more ambitious than anything The Afghan Whigs had released to date. Almost the antithesis to the 90s Grunge movement, Gentlemen retained The Afghan Whigs’ trademark R&B and soul influences. Despite receiving support from MTV and modern rock radio, the band remained largely a cult favorite. Gentlemen appeared on numerous “best of” lists for 1993 as well the 1990s as a whole.

Hi-Speed Soul’s vinyl-only reissue of Gentlemen can be pre-ordered now on the Hi-Speed Soul website. The physical release date of the album is set for January 25, 2011.

lucky bastard...

never heard of hi-speed soul, so i'm not sure about this...

anyone else?

I ordered from them a while back with no problems. I don't see any reason to pre-order, though, I'll wait for it to come out.

Hi-Speed Soul is owned and operated by Eric Howarth and Heather Johnson. Having been in the music industry in one form or another for over 10+ years, either running a record label or their two record stores (M-Theory Music), Eric & Heather have a dedication and love for the music they release.

Hi-Speed Soul was initially started from a beer fueled conversation after a Nada Surf show at the Casbah with Nada bassist Daniel Lorca. We chatted about releasing an out of print EP and then that idea sat for a while. A couple years later, the new label was born and the name Hi-Speed Soul was chosen as the perfect fit! Nada Surf was the catalyst and our favorite artists like Adam Franklin from the amazing band Swervedriver have been signed since. Along with picture disc vinyl from Sirhan Sirhan and an upcoming CD and vinyl release from Lady Dottie and the Diamonds. Stay tuned for more releases ahead!

• 2 months later...

Black Love was always my favorite. I always thought that one was the apex of tortured songwriting. I am a fan of all Whigs stuff, though. Up in It got me into the band in the first place.

I actually preordered the Gentlemen reissue. They sent out a message in mid-January saying there were pressing delays, so it would probably miss the street date by a month or so.

JP

Black Love was always my favorite. I always thought that one was the apex of tortured songwriting. I am a fan of all Whigs stuff, though. Up in It got me into the band in the first place.

I actually preordered the Gentlemen reissue. They sent out a message in mid-January saying there were pressing delays, so it would probably miss the street date by a month or so.

JP

They just moved it to March 1st. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed any later.

• 3 weeks later...