Shipping prices to canada

trevorm

for me

7" = 2.27

LP = 6.97

DoubleLP = 7.75

Not sure why people are charging so much

Shipping prices in Canada are ridiculously expensive. One of the most expensive in the world!!

To ship a single LP in Canada from WITHIN canada (we are in Ontario) here are the costs:

Ontario - Ontario Shipping about $6-7

Ontario - Quebec $6 - $9

Ontario - Rest of Canada $12 +

it is cheaper to ship from US TO CANADA, but anything valued over $17 USD will be dinged REALLY high taxes, its usually anywhere from 13% - 50% depending on what you buy. Ontop of that, there is a broker fee. Canada post is about $5, UPS is $20 - $50 and I dont know what Fedex charges

for me

7" = 2.27

LP = 6.97

DoubleLP = 7.75

Not sure why people are charging so much

Shipping prices in Canada are ridiculously expensive. One of the most expensive in the world!!

To ship a single LP in Canada from WITHIN canada (we are in Ontario) here are the costs:

Ontario - Quebec $6 - $9

it is cheaper to ship from US TO CANADA, but anything valued over $17 USD will be dinged REALLY high taxes, its usually anywhere from 13% - 50% depending on what you buy. Ontop of that, there is a broker fee. Canada post is about $5, UPS is $20 - $50 and I dont know what Fedex charges

I've been really lucky with not having to pay duty or broker fees, largely thanks to most people sending stuff as gift but even then I've had some pricier packages that weren't marked as gift but still come through with no extra charge.

Did the shipping prices to Canada skyrocket in the last month. Every site I go it is like 15 bucks bare minimum. Grave Mistake had the three deep sleep 7's and the cd for only ten bucks and the shipping is 16 and change wtf happened here? Is it the holidays coming up or something?

Also, just try emailing them, they'll more than likely offer to ship for cheaper.

Ontario - Quebec $6 - $9

I've been really lucky with not having to pay duty or broker fees, largely thanks to most people sending stuff as gift but even then I've had some pricier packages that weren't marked as gift but still come through with no extra charge.

i think it just an issue with the webstore programs.

i get that sometimes too. if you email gravemistake, they'll get back to you really quick with the actual shipping price. at least in my experience.

Ontario - Quebec $6 - $9

There are definitely ways around it! The thing that makes me most angry is how shitty most canada post workers are.

SO last month we sent out 7 BLINK 182's to someone. Our system is we print out hte postage and bring it to Canada Post. I ask them EACH time to scan the packages and they whine and complain and give us the whole "you dont trust me" attitude. they are rude each time

So guess what, those 7 blink 182's go missing. Canada Post didnt want to give me the insurance money because the package was never shown to even arrive at Canada Post. It just said, "Shipping information received". This was the day the lady complained and never scanned my package. I argued and eventually got the money back.

SO the other day Danny goes to drop off the packages at canada post, asks the guy to scan it and you know what he f***ing said to Danny!! I swear he said, "you know sir we can just hit this one button after we scan it infront of your face and it cancels the scan"!!!!

I was so pissed. So essentially the guy rudely refused to scan our packages than bluntly shows us how he can steal them and how Canada Post is not responsible for that.

I'm in Ontario and I ship to Canada and the US all the time.

Obviously the weight of the package is what you want to look for.

Example. 1x 7" under 100g (which isn't always easy to get!) is $2 within Canada, and $2.50 to the US (give and take a few cents). If you go over 100g, but less than 250g, then it's $4.50 to the US.

For 1x LP it's $9.50 to the US if you stay under 500g. Within Canada it's similar cost.

As soon as you get over 500g (which you will get if you add a lot of padding in the box), then it's closer to $14.

I bought myself a kitchen scale (up to 5kg). It's always on sale at Canadian Tire for like $12.

At least I know for sure what is the weight of my package before going to the post office. I know right away if I need to remove a piece of cardboard, or if I can add one, and still stay within the proper weight, etc...

There are definitely ways around it! The thing that makes me most angry is how shitty most canada post workers are.

SO last month we sent out 7 BLINK 182's to someone. Our system is we print out hte postage and bring it to Canada Post. I ask them EACH time to scan the packages and they whine and complain and give us the whole "you dont trust me" attitude. they are rude each time

So guess what, those 7 blink 182's go missing. Canada Post didnt want to give me the insurance money because the package was never shown to even arrive at Canada Post. It just said, "Shipping information received". This was the day the lady complained and never scanned my package. I argued and eventually got the money back.

SO the other day Danny goes to drop off the packages at canada post, asks the guy to scan it and you know what he f***ing said to Danny!! I swear he said, "you know sir we can just hit this one button after we scan it infront of your face and it cancels the scan"!!!!

I was so pissed. So essentially the guy rudely refused to scan our packages than bluntly shows us how he can steal them and how Canada Post is not responsible for that.

Don't you get a receipt with the numbers?

I suppose they should include the bar codes...

I'm in Ontario and I ship to Canada and the US all the time.

Obviously the weight of the package is what you want to look for.

Example. 1x 7" under 100g (which isn't always easy to get!) is $2 within Canada, and $2.50 to the US (give and take a few cents). If you go over 100g, but less than 250g, then it's $4.50 to the US.

For 1x LP it's $9.50 to the US if you stay under 500g. Within Canada it's similar cost.

As soon as you get over 500g (which you will get if you add a lot of padding in the box), then it's closer to $14.

I bought myself a kitchen scale (up to 5kg). It's always on sale at Canadian Tire for like $12.

At least I know for sure what is the weight of my package before going to the post office. I know right away if I need to remove a piece of cardboard, or if I can add one, and still stay within the proper weight, etc...

You are totally right. I do the same thing and I get the same prices.

Don't you get a receipt with the numbers?

I suppose they should include the bar codes...

Yeah we get a receipt when we make the shipping label, but because we use their business program they dont consider the package received until they scan it at the post office. When they scan it they do NOT provide us with a receipt proving they scan it. That is where the issue is. I ask them to scan it while I am still there and they are VERY rude about it each time. Then the one day AFTER they lost the product the guy made the snarky comment, "you know i can just hit this cancel button and it will delete the scan therefore you really will never know if I scanned or not"

Do Canadian post offices work the same as US? Is there a postmaster you can contact about that worker who was a jerkoff? I would do everything in my power to get that person in shit.

Government jobs are cush. I know it's probably not going to do anything but if I went and brought them business and then they were annoyed that they actually had to work I would probably cause a scene. Luckily every post office worker I have dealt with in the states has been incredible.

I should just offer delivery to Canada for all our Southern Ontario friends. Order records, ship them to me and I'll just drive them on up. You can buy me Falafel or something.

The moneen guys used to get shit sent here all the time. Drums, merch, etc. Saved them a bunch on ridiculous shipping costs.

The make No Gains + Fear of Lipstick show the other week was pretty badass though.

Also, I went to buy Police (Fucked Up) over at SRC and jesus christ, 7.25 in shipping for a 6 buck seven inch.

I'm not ragging on SRC I'm just saying I recall shipping being super cheap the last three times I ordered from them.