Sublime 40oz Hot Topic Repress

I got this yesterday. It was in a huge box with crumpled paper. The LP was in a big but proper fitting bubble wrap envelope. LP cover and records arrived safely. Very flimsy jacket, and super thin vinyl. I'm not sure on warpage, but from looking at it they look flat, I have yet to play it.

I'll throw the vinyl on a scale and see what they weigh. I'm with the above comment at under 120, not like its a bad thing. I have old vinyl from the 80's that are light as hell, but still sound amazing. Just thin and cheap for the price, that's all I'm saying, but as long as it sounds good I'll be happy.

• 4 months later...

If anyone is still looking for this Im getting 500 more so I guess the new pressing info will be /2500. These things sold REALLY quickly so be sure to grab on asap if you're still looking for one.

Should be available in about a month or so, not sure yet but I can update this when I have more info on delivery. They will be going to stores and to HT.com

Are the new 500 copies getting pressed again on the flimsy 120g vinyl? The cool swirl does not make up for the wobbly, usually warped repress. Two 180g slabs on any color would be much better.

If anyone is still looking for this Im getting 500 more so I guess the new pressing info will be /2500. These things sold REALLY quickly so be sure to grab on asap if you're still looking for one.

Should be available in about a month or so, not sure yet but I can update this when I have more info on delivery. They will be going to stores and to HT.com

Its gonna be exactly the same.

I have a copy and mine sounds fine

Are the new 500 copies getting pressed again on the flimsy 120g vinyl? The cool swirl does not make up for the wobbly, usually warped repress. Two 180g slabs on any color would be much better.

• 1 month later...
I found one at the Berkeley Hot Topic yesterday, grabbed it. I assume it was the first pressing of this color as there was only one copy and it was on display but they let me buy it (and they never usually get vinyl at that one).

Yea stores that dont typically get vinyl got this one along with Abbey Road and maybe one or 2 other titles.

This little 500 unit repress hasnt hit stores yet so the one you got was one of the original ones. There's really no difference at all between the original 2000 and this repress of 500 tho.