Sublime 40oz Hot Topic Repress

shit, Maple Grove HT isn't too far from me. maybe i'll grab this from them if they still have it. haven't been in that HT forever, didn't think they still even got vinyl. is there a Robbin' The Hood repress still coming up too?

The Maple Grove has a copy. I'm too lazy to flip records and don't really care for Sublime.

From www.discogs.com:

"This is the 2005 re-press, limited to 2500 copies on cranberry colored vinyl and 1000 copies on glow-in-the-dark vinyl. Includes new pictures of the band on the inner sleeves and gatefold sleeve with writings from Brad Nowell.

Tracklisting on back cover is misprinted, tracklisting on inner sleeve is correct."

Then someone added this:

"I have the glow in the dark version which is perhaps the worst sounding record i own, From the minute i opened the shrink wrap and first put the record on the player its sounded appalling, i have spent some time cleaning the record's but its made no difference and the record's are practically unplayable, Horrible static sound on most of the tracks and thats just the tracks that are reasonable enough to listen too."

From www.discogs.com:

"This is the 2005 re-press, limited to 2500 copies on cranberry colored vinyl and 1000 copies on glow-in-the-dark vinyl. Includes new pictures of the band on the inner sleeves and gatefold sleeve with writings from Brad Nowell.

Tracklisting on back cover is misprinted, tracklisting on inner sleeve is correct."

Then someone added this:

"I have the glow in the dark version which is perhaps the worst sounding record i own, From the minute i opened the shrink wrap and first put the record on the player its sounded appalling, i have spent some time cleaning the record's but its made no difference and the record's are practically unplayable, Horrible static sound on most of the tracks and thats just the tracks that are reasonable enough to listen too."

There you Go :) A Few Years Off Ha :)

so i came across this and had no clue that this was even out there. wanted to see if one of you kind folks know anything about this and inform me in trying to purchase this or just blow it off.

its the original release.

i know of turquoise, translucent maroon, and black.

not sure if the coloured pressings are boots or what.

i know the blacks are legit though.

also, the artwork is obviously different, the photo of louie on the back is different too, and the discs come in b/w picture sleeves instead of the white rice sleeves the reissue got.

also, not a gatefold, they stuffed both discs into the one pocket.

read thread, feels dumb and yet more educated.

at least i kinda knew what i was talking about.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a couple copies of an EXTREMELY limited version of 40 Oz. and HT is going to be giving it away on our Facebook page next Tuesday 7/12. So if you're on Facebook "like" the official Hot Topic page so you have a chance to win it.

Its limited to 15 copies and not available to the public at all aside from this give away.

Ill take some pictures of my personal copy and post them on here tonite when I get home so you can see what it looks like. Its the same jacket but the vinyl is a different color. Seriously there are only 15 of these!