Brand New Deja vs. YFW value

Sealed Dejas are not cool.

Bro.

Looking at eBay values, the mint YFW is probably worth more. If you're just looking to flip and make a quick buck, go for it. Bear in mind that there's been rumor of a YFW repress before the year is over. (Which is looking less and less likely as the days go by, but I digress.) I wouldn't be surprised if it happened much sooner than later, though, and left Deja as the holy grail of BN records.

no, i do not own a copy at all and have been trying for years to track down an affordable copy, which will probably never happen. but my OCD with audio quality, and being able to enjoy deja in the future is what is holding me back. ill probably never find a good copy of deja that i can afford again.

To my knowledge, Dejas are still selling cheaper than YFW. At least on eBay.

If you're truly OCD about the audio quality, I'd probably hold off. Not only will you have your mint Deja Entendu, but if the YFW repress happens relatively soon - and should it fall in the hands of a quality label, such as Academy Fight Song - there's a good chance the record may be remastered and-or pressed on 180 gram wax. Just food for thought.

in that case ill hold off on it. i have been waiting for a re press since brand news last real tour when i got to speak with jesse lacey. he told me, back in 2008 (after screaming at a girl for taking his picture) that "by christmas were releasing a 3 pack with YFW, deja, and the devil and god with all new artwork for all of them".... that never happened, cool idea though.

by christmas were releasing

There's the problem. BN doesn't do shit. Or rather, they do... eventually.

If they feel like it.

But probably not.

*edit*

Also agree with 'vultures. I'm a fan of Brand New's discography, but I'd gladly sell a copy of YFW if it brought me closer to a respectable setup, where I could truly enjoy everything else they've released.

well i just got rid of my shitty sony one and got an audio technica ad lp 120, which is like a 1200 ripoff, and an upgraded cartridge for it. i have not acquired an alignment protractor yet, so i wont be testing out the cartridge until then. but its a pretty profound improvement, and at least suitable for listening in chill time without fucking up my collection.

so, im on the right track