What's your storage method??

I use these:

http://www.target.com/Large-Divided-Cube-Black/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

And holy shit there on sale!!!

I only buy more when I run out of space. I got 4 sitting in boxes waiting to be built, and I already have 6 built and filled from over the years. Each cube is a 15" square, so its perfect for records and larger box sets, etc.

I would have a Expedit, but shipping is more than the shelves, and I couldn't justify that.

I have a 5x1 expedit, and two old record cabinets for my LPs.

My 7"s are split between 5 of those corrugated cardboard storage boxes from bags unlimited and a couple other various boxes.

If you want to avoid an expedit and your collection isn't too huge yet, I would say shop around your local thrift and 2nd hand stores. See if you can find an old record cabinet. I paid $15 for one (holds around 150 LPs) and $20 for another (holds around 250 LPs). Personally I think they look nicer than an expedit too, but I've always been a sucker for older/antique furniture.

If you want to avoid an expedit and your collection isn't too huge yet, I would say shop around your local thrift and 2nd hand stores. See if you can find an old record cabinet. I paid $15 for one (holds around 150 LPs) and $20 for another (holds around 250 LPs). Personally I think they look nicer than an expedit too, but I've always been a sucker for older/antique furniture.

This.

My storage is similar to kurtz's, except I have a bunch of LPs in DJ cases, as well as various boxes scattered throughout the house. One day they will all be in the same room haha.

This picture's about a year old:

[image]

It's now totally filled w/ 12"s and there's another box of 7"s. I'm thinking about getting this in the near future: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10103093

I've been wanting to move my record setup into our living room, and I think that combining that with my 2x2 would allow for plenty of room for almost everything.

I have this as well. So satisfied with it.

this is the majority of my records. just built a tall ikea type unit for box sets and gatefolds.

[image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hell yeah, that is pretty much how I want my storage to be set up...store style (as opposed to library style) so you can flip through records.

+1

thanks everyone. I have always liked store style as opposed to library, I have a good amount of records that are old and have worn out spines which make them hard to read. its always made more sense to me to be able to flip through them like a store. And its funner. will post a pic of my new shelf soon, after we reorganize the living room today

I use these:

http://www.target.com/Large-Divided-Cube-Black/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

And holy shit there on sale!!!

I only buy more when I run out of space. I got 4 sitting in boxes waiting to be built, and I already have 6 built and filled from over the years. Each cube is a 15" square, so its perfect for records and larger box sets, etc.

I would have a Expedit, but shipping is more than the shelves, and I couldn't justify that.

I forgot I have pics of these. There outdated, and dusty, but same shelves. Now there just pretty much filled.

[image]

[image]