What's your storage method??

I am planning to get a Ikea ''expedit'' 4x2..

After some search on the interwebs, i saw many people who are only judging by this unit.

I wanna have some info of YOUR storage method....I own about 350 12'' lp's but planning to get my collection bigger.

I don't own many 7'' so this is not the principal thing a want to store.

I saw some kinda shitty brick and woodboards installations, is that a good way to keep them?

If you can post pictures of yours, it may be useful, give me ideas!!

Thanks for the help!

[image]

[image]

12"s are obvious. 10"s & 7"s are in the top left cubby, 7"s are kept in the red box (from Michaels). Then:

Alphabetical by artist > Chronological by release date > variants by pressing and then from rarer to more common

I've added a ton since these photos too. I should update.

Just to be sure....is this an 4x4 expedit?

I have an expedit 5x5 which is full. I have had no problems with it and I plan on buying another . I had custom made boxes before hand which were great but kind of ugly and I didn't have enough of them. That's all I have to compare the expedit too. I found mine used(but basically new) on craigslist for $100 and it came with nice clip on lights for the top.

I have an expedit 5x5 which is full. I have had no problems with it and I plan on buying another . I had custom made boxes before hand which were great but kind of ugly and I didn't have enough of them. That's all I have to compare the expedit too. I found mine used(but basically new) on craigslist for $100 and it came with nice clip on lights for the top.

Seems i was right...the expedit is the best i can get.....

The only problem is that i have to drive about 500km to get to the nearest ikea store...

Shipping is like 200$ for a 100 buck unit...

So it will better for me to drive the 500 kms

Tu est coq tatier

I realllly don't get it....

Maybe i can have it in english please?? :P

haha, I'm also French (Canadian) and I have no clue what he just said! :)

Speaking of storage, I have the 2x4 and a 4x4 Expedit from Ikea and they work great. For the $, probably the best option.

SORRY!!

I will try to do a better search next time.....

no worries, just wanted you to see a bunch of the ones people have already posted.

Thanks dude!!

Wasn't sure if it was a :'search in the forum yourself' or an 'i'll try to help you' post :P

Just finished this thread (59 pages)....and i think i was correct :

!IKEA EXPEDIT FTW!

I'll try to get one near from me, instead of driving 500 f**** kilometers to the ikea store

This picture's about a year old:

[image]

It's now totally filled w/ 12"s and there's another box of 7"s. I'm thinking about getting this in the near future: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10103093

I've been wanting to move my record setup into our living room, and I think that combining that with my 2x2 would allow for plenty of room for almost everything.

Again...an expedit!!

I really think i should go for that!!

or...take the measurments from the website and try to do it myslef!!

It makes me sick to pay more shipping than the actual cost of the unit!!

In one of the other "post your storage setup" threads, somebody mentioned getting a shelving unit from Home Depot. Record jackets stick out something like 1/2 an inch over the edges, but he said that it doesn't damage them. I don't remember the price, but it was cheaper than the Expedits, and there may be a HD store closer to you.

I recently purchased a fairly cheap ($25.00) self-assemble book case at Costco. The dimensions are perfect for records - height wise - but the jackets do stick out a half-inch or so, over the edge. This won't cause any damage to them in the future, will it?

I'm looking to hop on the Expedit bandwagon soon enough, myself. I've never been to an IKEA, and know very little about the Expedit line. Can someone confirm if this will have similar storage dimensions to all the 4x4 and 5x5 units? Just looking for something to namely hold my 12" records.

The is the main part of course it doesn't look nearly this neat anymore.

[image]

This is the overflow for some Variants/Tour Presses and the records from the distro. Also included is my ghetto laptop that serves as a boxee pandora client.

[image]

Someday I will live in an Ikea state and buy some proper shelving! :P