Sonic Youth/Teenage Fanclub color reissues /500

The description says they are ORG reissues...maybe these colors are just Insound excl. and other places will have other colors...

Does ORG have a website? Searching for ORG Music on Google doesn't seem to work...

ORG does have a website: http://www.orgmusic.com/

Looks like all the pink ones didn't sell out at RSD last year... very surprising and a little unbelievable that they didn't sell 500 copies of a pretty popular record. I guess the price scared some away! Can't wait for that Bad Moon Rising re-release though... easily my favorite SY release.

• 4 weeks later...

I had pre-ordered 2 copies of this on the first day it was announced through ORG's mailing list and was only sent 1 from Insound. When I told them what had happened, they told me that they had already gone through their allocation and I could get a credit or refund.

Yeah, that's great and all, but how does a store like Insound not have an inventory system that can count how many records are sold? Are they using MS Access over there? I mean really. There are mom and pop stores with more advanced systems than what Insound is apparently using. You can't start at 500 copies and deduct the number of purchases.

The fact that they are out, and the website lists the item now as "backordered" means that they oversold the record and took more than 500 orders. What a clusterfuck.

I hope they aren't the "exclusive" retailer for the next Sonic Youth ORG release, Bad Moon Rising.

Just had to vent. Hope this hasn't happened to you from ordering through Insound.

I had pre-ordered 2 copies of this on the first day it was announced through ORG's mailing list and was only sent 1 from Insound. When I told them what had happened, they told me that they had already gone through their allocation and I could get a credit or refund.

Yeah, that's great and all, but how does a store like Insound not have an inventory system that can count how many records are sold? Are they using MS Access over there? I mean really. There are mom and pop stores with more advanced systems than what Insound is apparently using. You can't start at 500 copies and deduct the number of purchases.

The fact that they are out, and the website lists the item now as "backordered" means that they oversold the record and took more than 500 orders. What a clusterfuck.

I hope they aren't the "exclusive" retailer for the next Sonic Youth ORG release, Bad Moon Rising.

Just had to vent. Hope this hasn't happened to you from ordering through Insound.

they aren't the "exclusive distributor" they were just the only place that got collector bullshit color copies. go support your local record store, that probably got copies of this. and if they didn't, ask them to special order it.

moreover, you can buy the originals for the same price as these represses.