weaselpalooza!

Who said things on the internet, BW or your friend?

My friend.

He didn't say anything threatening or anything serious like that, he just stated an unfavorable opinion of SW and since Ben likes to read everything about himself on the internet, Ben did the research to track down exactly who my friend was and complained directly to my friends boss and my buddy got suspended from his job and had to write an apology letter to Ben.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said things on the internet, BW or your friend?

My friend.

He didn't say anything threatening or anything serious like that, he just stated an unfavorable opinion of SW and since Ben likes to read everything about himself on the internet, Ben did the research to track down exactly who my friend was and complained directly to my friends boss and my buddy got suspended from his job and had to write an apology letter to Ben.

Sick burn you have to admit...kinda shitty that he got in trouble though. Did your friend post his piece at work?

Ben's an asshole for multiple reasons but I guess the most valid reasons I have involve him getting my good friend suspended from his job just for things my friend said on the internet about SW.

Not to mention what he did to manipulate Jughead to get him to give up the major rights to the Screeching Weasel name, plus his rampage on Toby, who's done way more work to support punk rock with Red Scare than Ben has ever done.

What did your friend say? Was it libelous? This sounds more like a made up story to me.

It's cool that you inside info you have about the intimate business dealings between Ben and his band-mates but I'm guessing you don't and just spreading bullshit you read somewhere else on the internet.

I don't even know who Red Scare is, so fuck that guy.

I do wonder what dude's friend said/typed that made BW go through all the trouble of tracking him down and getting him suspended from work...

I'm going to guess that it was something seriously libelous if this is true at all. You don't get fired for posting something from you home if it's something akin to, "Ben Weasel is an asshole".

I do wonder what dude's friend said/typed that made BW go through all the trouble of tracking him down and getting him suspended from work...

I'm going to guess that it was something seriously libelous if this is true at all. You don't get fired for posting something from you home if it's something akin to, "Ben Weasel is an asshole".

Exactly.

Yeah, I call total bullshit on that story. Dude probably got fired for poor performance and he wrung his fist and said it was all because of that pesky Ben Weasel.

If Ben Weasel has the time and motivation to find out who a complete stranger is and where that person works, and has the gumption to get that person fired from their job, more power to him. He's more powerful than Chuck Norris and should probably work for Scotland Yard!

Yeah, I call total bullshit on that story. Dude probably got fired for poor performance and he wrung his fist and said it was all because of that pesky Ben Weasel.

If Ben Weasel has the time and motivation to find out who a complete stranger is and where that person works, and has the gumption to get that person fired from their job, more power to him. He's more powerful than Chuck Norris and should probably work for Scotland Yard!

the only thing more powerful than Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris' beard.

the only thing more powerful than Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris' beard.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWq3Tj4Twgk&hl=en&fs=1

My friend works for Riot Fest and his job the year that Screeching Weasel played was to collect Riot Fest's share of all the merchandise money from each band, as contractually obligated.

My friend stated on punknews that he felt bad that his job involved taking merch money from bands like Off With Their Heads, but he stated that he didn't feel bad taking Riot Fest's money from Screeching Weasel's merch. He also stated something along the lines of watching a bit of Screeching Weasel's set and him being over caring about them anymore.

Ben read this comment on punknews, proceeded to find out all the information that he could about my friend, contact my friends boss, and he got suspended for it and had to write Ben an apology letter.

I honestly wish this story was made-up but it is 100% true. And you people should read, I said suspended, not fired.

I honestly wish this story was made-up but it is 100% true. And you people should read, I said suspended, not fired.

I had misread, sorry. No need to be a dick.

Kind of sounds like your friend made the mistake of publicly saying he worked for Riot Fest in a trash talking post on punknews. Regardless of what lead to his suspension, it's not wise to talk shit on a public forum, especially when it could embarrass your employer. If I talked shit about some of my company's clients (I'd consider SW a client of Riot Fest in this example) on a public forum and my boss found out via one of those clients, I'd probably get fired or suspended too. It also doesn't sound like too much detective work was involved to find out who said it, as the guy said he was collecting the money.

i totally agree with what hickey said. i worked for sxsw and we are told to not comment in any light regarding bands/panelists/etc etc unless specified too. the smallest comment could blow up in your face. which it did to your friend. sure he didn't really say much, but he said something to get him in trouble and it's not uncommon for people to get upset for a personal comment made by a employee of a company.

This thread has made me go back and rediscover Screeching Weasel. I've started drilling into the SW and Riverdales records I hadn't heard. I've even started listening to his Podcasts.

Based on listening to the nine most recent Podcasts, I will say that I find him to be a delightfully articulate, well thought out, interesting person. I don't agree with most of what he says in terms of politics or even music, but it's always logical and well-considered. I find the internet stories of him being a bully and a boorish asshole even more suspect.