If you want to get what you paid you're queer and

This thread, for sooommeee reason, makes me want to buy a pack/box of baseball cards. I used to be so heavily into that shit until I slowly realized how much money I was losing over the years from buying boxes and boxes without knowing what exactly would be in them. However, I would collect every Ken Griffey, Jr. baseball card, and not really care about other ones, so I would sell them. I remember pulling a Cal Ripken jersey patch card #'d 2/10. This was back in 2003 and I sold that shit for $250. Had I been a die-hard Ripken collector, I would have kept it and beat off to it.

Now, I've sold almost all of my cards except for a few rare RCs, and I still have about 700 KG, Jr cards in alphabetical and numerical order. My favorite cards of his are my autographed ones, only because they were randomly pulled or given to me by my friends, and his autograph looks fucking amazing.

Now, this relates to getting shit signed. If Ken Griffey told me "hey, preorder some fancy ass card that will be signed", I would do it. If I did not receive the auto, I would be goddamn curious/pissed. How often can I go see him play and have the chance to get anything signed? I saw him every year from 1993 until he went to the Reds in 2000, and never had the chance to sign it. If he happened to visit some baseball card show, it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to get anything signed.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this? haha

It's amazing how awesomely different everyone is, because if everyone were the same, there would be constant boring conversation. So everyone keep up your opinions!

This thread, for sooommeee reason, makes me want to buy a pack/box of baseball cards. I used to be so heavily into that shit until I slowly realized how much money I was losing over the years from buying boxes and boxes without knowing what exactly would be in them. However, I would collect every Ken Griffey, Jr. baseball card, and not really care about other ones, so I would sell them. I remember pulling a Cal Ripken jersey patch card #'d 2/10. This was back in 2003 and I sold that shit for $250. Had I been a die-hard Ripken collector, I would have kept it and beat off to it.

Now, I've sold almost all of my cards except for a few rare RCs, and I still have about 700 KG, Jr cards in alphabetical and numerical order. My favorite cards of his are my autographed ones, only because they were randomly pulled or given to me by my friends, and his autograph looks fucking amazing.

Now, this relates to getting shit signed. If Ken Griffey told me "hey, preorder some fancy ass card that will be signed", I would do it. If I did not receive the auto, I would be goddamn curious/pissed. How often can I go see him play and have the chance to get anything signed? I saw him every year from 1993 until he went to the Reds in 2000, and never had the chance to sign it. If he happened to visit some baseball card show, it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to get anything signed.

Does anyone see where I'm going with this? haha

It's amazing how awesomely different everyone is, because if everyone were the same, there would be constant boring conversation. So everyone keep up your opinions!

There should be a ken griffey appreciation thread. I don't know of anyone that doesn't like him.

I have very few signed things as they are of little importance to me. I would rather hang out with a band or individual musicians than to fan out and see them sign a piece of paper that says that I was there. The autographs that people who aren't there to get signed are odd to me as well and pointless.

Things I have that are signed...

Strung Out - Exile In Oblivion CD that I was gonna buy anyways and the first 500 were signed

Jordan Burns from Strung Out - He walked out of his tour bus with an old pizza box that he was gonna throw away and I asked him if I could have it. I then told him to sign it... and draw the Strung Out logo on it. He was more than confused but obliged anyways. I still have it and that mother is a 1/1.

+1 for Griffey

Im currently packing my moms house for a move south and Ive uncovered an ridiculous amount Griffey memorabilia that I forgot I had including his legendary upper deck rookie card, an autographed ball and a mint condition '91 starting lineup figure. all worthless but im never getting rid of it. Griffey is one of the greatest ever.

Im currently packing my moms house for a move south and Ive uncovered an ridiculous amount Griffey memorabilia that I forgot I had including his legendary upper deck rookie card, an autographed ball and a mint condition '91 starting lineup figure. all worthless but im never getting rid of it. Griffey is one of the greatest ever.

Looks like stuff is worth what it actually means to people now rather than what collectors priced stuff at. I still think a Griffey signed ball is awesome and would gladly display it at my house.

definitely, which is fine. I have a lot of baseball autographs, older pre 80s cards, etc that I got from when I was 12 or younger. I think autographs are silly at my current age but I got to meet a lot of legends when I went to the Cooperstown Inductions twice. Bob Feller, Frank Robinson, Gaylord Perry, Jim Palmer, Tom Seaver, etc. My parents did pay a lot for them though.

I think Griffeys rookie card is still semi valuable but that was prolly the hottest card until he went to the Reds.

When I was a kid my brother and I used to go to shows and meet old ball players and get baseballs signed. One time we went to a show and each got two balls signed. Brooks Robinson and Carl Furillo.

Obviously I knew who Brooks Robinson was but I'd never heard of Carl Furillo. So that day I took the ball and played with it in the yard. Eventually the signature was worn away. My brother held onto his ball.

A month after the show Carl Furillo died. Turned out he was a pitcher for the old Brooklyn Dodgers who rarely did shows or signed much of anything. I remember a couple years later I looked him in a Beckett Memorabelia guide and a signed Furillo ball was worth $300. I think the Brooks Robinson ball was only worth $40.

Lastly, my dad told me a story that when he was growing up his cousin was a batboy for the Orioles. On the last day of the season he let my dad into the clubhouse and my dad just ransacked the shit out of the place. Took Brooks' glove, jersey, bat, spikes, stirrups. So basically a game-used everything for Brooks Robinson. What happened to it? My dad put everything in the garage. My grandmother put it all in a trash bag and threw it away.

slkjnfslkjnlsgkjnf

Guest errolwest

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':8inuzkuj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':8inuzkuj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else