Fugazi - "The Arguement" Appreesh!

kurtz

• 11 months later...

In the interest of shooting new subject matter into the boards (since there's been a bit of talk about slow movement around here as of late), I'm reviving this nearly year old to the day thread. Why? Because I'll always firmly stand behind the argument (*ahem*) that The Argument is the best thing Fugazi ever recorded. I'm willing to fight (verbally) over it.

Also, I was thinking the other day and for so long I have been of the mindset that I wish they would get back together. I came to the conclusion, especially after listening to a couple of live shows, that Fugazi was a band that was all about momentum. Their shows (with no set list) all had a certain momentum to them, and their tours and albums overall seemed to as well. There is no way that could be recaptured after a 10-year hiatus. I feel like that is more true about them then other bands that take that kind of time off. Could be wrong though.

One of the dudes from ATDI was talking about this in relation to getting the band back together - to paraphrase badly, I think he said something to the effect of not wanting to do it because it was comparable to getting back together with your first girlfriend to finish what you didn't the first time. While Fugazi are one of my all time favorites and I've never gotten the chance to see them, I'm on the fence about them getting back together. The four of them don't seem like they're all that interested in doing it either since they're all busy so it is what it is. I would like another Evens record though.