Fugazi - "The Arguement" Appreesh!

kurtz

could never get into this band

I'm totally dumbfounded by this. I've never met anyone who doesn't like Fugazi. With all sincerity, can you tell me what it is that you don't like about them? Also, did you ever see them live? And have you seen "Instrument?"

they're just boring. no i have never seen them live (why would I?). and what is instrument.

I'm totally dumbfounded by this. I've never met anyone who doesn't like Fugazi. With all sincerity, can you tell me what it is that you don't like about them? Also, did you ever see them live? And have you seen "Instrument?"

they're just boring. no i have never seen them live (why would I?). and what is instrument.

Instrument is a documentary...you should watch it sometime.

I've always thought that they peaked at "In On The Kill Taker". I've been meaning to go back and give the latter records another listen.

I'm kinda in the same boat, although I gave Red Medicine a listen recently and was really digging it. Definitely going to have to give the rest a re-listen.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':3xsw9pbg]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':3xsw9pbg]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':4gzs36i7]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':4gzs36i7]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Great album, bums me out because I feel like they had a lot more to give.

You know there's two ways to look at this. First, yes, they may have had a lot more to give and it can be a bummer thinking of what might have been.

But second, I truly believe it's better to burn out than to fade away. So many bands exceed their useful life and you wind up with a bad taste in your mouth about their entire existence. It's the same reason I detest reunions. Just let it go. When it's over, it's over.

To me, the best things about bands breaking up is the rad stuff the members do afterwards. If Fugazi hadn't broken up there'd be no Evens and Guy probably wouldn't have done the phenomenal things he did with Vic Chesnutt.

And to the guy that doesn't like Fugazi: Good for you for stating what is surely an unpopular opinion to many. I personally don't care what music you like or dislike. It's simply a matter of taste. I am, however, sorry that you don't feel what I feel for this band. I know people say this all the time without much thought, but Fugazi really turned my life around. When I was a kid I was headed down a path of drugs and self destruction. Fugazi made me realize that you can be different, have unpopular opinions and still be proud of yourself. I became a much more confident person because of their influence and resolved to move away from the tiny town I grew up in and make something out of my life. I became a very successful music journalist. Oddly enough, the very first paying assignment I ever got was to Interview Ian, and he did not disappoint.

I also watched the Instrument DVD over and over during a time in my life when I was so broke I couldn't afford cable, a car or anything else. I just had that video and it never got boring.

Thank God for Fugazi.