2010 most disappointing albums

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest errolwest

MINUS THE BEAR-OMNI: The guitar work has been dumbed down big time and the keys turned up. The vocals/lyrics are dull and cliche as hell! Didn't see it coming from them

OMNI.

i love this so much.

[image]

...Yep.

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs. shit bores me to tears.

How could have I forgot this piece o crap. This band gets worse with each release and people still salivate over it.

Sounds about right for modern-day music consumption.

Also:

Too much rad shit came out this year to worry about anything that wasn't good.

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs. shit bores me to tears.

How could have I forgot this piece o crap. This band gets worse with each release and people still salivate over it.

and Funeral was so fricken good, they blew me away live the first time I saw them touring on that album. I don't know what happened. Neon Bible was ok but it didnt have the same feel. I've heard The Suburbs once since I bought it and it made me want to turn it off during every song.

David Dondero- #0 With A Bullet. Its got some great songs on it, but some are just kinda eh. That being said, its got to be a good year for music for me if an album I like is a dissapointment for me.

Oh yeah, White Crosses, I didnt mind New Wave, but christ, White Crosses was bad. I still listen to it every other month thinking that maybe it grows on me, but it just sucks.

You guys are entitled to your opinions, but you are smoking crack if you don't like "In Desolation."

Nope, no crack...In Desolation has too much pandering to the masses in the song writing(or that's just a product of writing songs too quickly before recording and not working them out on the road), combined with a production that sucked the excitement out of the mix. Mr. Brett needs to realize not every band needs to have that super mega clean sounding produced record; the grittier sounding recordings the band made before Epitaph signed them was part of their sound, so without it the songs have a reduced urgency.

Like I said before, there's some good songs on it, but if it had been like 6-8 songs it would have been great.

You guys are entitled to your opinions, but you are smoking crack if you don't like "In Desolation."

Nope, no crack...In Desolation has too much pandering to the masses in the song writing(or that's just a product of writing songs too quickly before recording and not working them out on the road), combined with a production that sucked the excitement out of the mix. Mr. Brett needs to realize not every band needs to have that super mega clean sounding produced record; the grittier sounding recordings the band made before Epitaph signed them was part of their sound, so without it the songs have a reduced urgency.

Like I said before, there's some good songs on it, but if it had been like 6-8 songs it would have been great.

What does "pandering to the masses in songwriting" actually mean?

Sufjan Stevens follow-up to the spectacular messy but very good ILLINOIS was the incredibly annoying AGE OF ADZ. I really have a tough time getting through this album which takes Stevens already hyperactive arrangements and applies them to glitch.

I thought the new Blonde Redhead album was easily their most boring album (although, it does have one terrific track stashed away in the mid-section).

Other artists slipping a bit this year were: Jamie Lidell, Jeremy Jay, Of Montreal & Crystal Castles.

Sufjan Stevens follow-up to the spectacular messy but very good ILLINOIS was the incredibly annoying AGE OF ADZ. I really have a tough time getting through this album which takes Stevens already hyperactive arrangements and applies them to glitch.

I thought the new Blonde Redhead album was easily their most boring album (although, it does have one terrific track stashed away in the mid-section).

Other artists slipping a bit this year were: Jamie Lidell, Jeremy Jay, Of Montreal & Crystal Castles.

i still haven't heard the new Blonde Redhead, i need to pick it up. they were great live this year so i'm holding out hope.

i really thought the of Montreal album was decent, i liked it more than Skeletal Lamping.

i really thought the of Montreal album was decent, i liked it more than Skeletal Lamping.

I liked it slightly less than SKELETAL LAMPING, both of which I thought were pretty weak compared to HISSING FAUNA and the few albums before that. I think I am ready for the next step in their evolution (if there is one).

This was a great year for music overall though, I just hope these people can get back in my good graces with their next albums.

i liked most of white crosses... i wish it was catchier ala "cowboy".. but i wasn't horribly disappointed.

this addiction was somewhat of a letdown.. especially after the promise of returning to their previous sound... it does have a couple good songs, and its' an improvement to their previous effort... that saidmy wife loves it, and listens to it all the time.