Hearing Your Roommate Having Sex

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in college i had the middle room in the apartment and would get the stereo effect from both roommates banging their broads...

i also once had a downstairs apartment and the couple upstairs would fight and i'd hear the chick crying herself to sleep. then i'd get to hear the make-up sex. good times.

When I was 20 living in Gainesville a roommate moved out suddenly and we couldn't afford the rent without a third for more than a month. My roommate and I took the first person that had the cash since our lease ended in six months and we figured we could tolerate anyone for that long. We hadn't figured on The Rog. Yes, he insisted on being addressed with a "The." He was 50 with grey hair pulled into a pony tail. He ran a business filling in cracks in windshields. He gave us a sad story about having given up everything to be with his Mom as she was dying so all the red flags were ignored in our desperation.

The day he moved in The Rog showed up with a car that had a roof mounted bike rack that had an advertisement posted on the side: "Wanted : Women that are Pumped! [email protected]." (That's his real email but I learned he passed away a few years ago so don't bother trying to get pumped with him). That wasn't the car he came in to interview for the room and we instantly knew we had trouble on our hands.

In the course of his time with us he had 12 different partners and I am not exaggerating. The guy lived for sex, cycling and windshield repair. The worst of his partnerswas the body builder. She was huge and ripped and legitimately competing across Florida every weekend. They had the roughest sex ever and it appeared to always be standing up because they'd slam each other into the walls. His room adjoined the living room and watching television when The Rog had the bodybuilder over was impossible.

The week after Valentines day he came home with his arms full of 10 boxes of marachino cherry chocolates. "Dave, I just went to Target and these were on sale for 10 cents (1998 was the year) each. Take a box. Each one assures you'll get laid." I gave them to a friend I was so creeped out. His parade involved women that loved screaming at him, he walked around in a towel almost constantly and he kissed the dog on the lips every afternoon. We wouldn't let the dog near us until we ditched him.

Lesson learned. There are some people you can't tolerate even for six months. I took an internship in DC to get away for the last two months of the lease. It was a happy end for me as I caught Fugazi, Samiam and an awesome array of bands that summer. My roommate that I left behind still brings up my leaving him almost every time we catch up.