PO: Less Than Jake - TV / EP Vinyl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one else thinks this is a pointless release?

I actually kinda digged the album. Brought me back to the past with some of the theme songs.

EDIT: This is from the LTJ Facebook Page

Vinyl collectors- next week the preorder for the TVEP 7 inch will go live! The die cut cover had four folding flaps that gives you the choice of 3 different covers!! First press is 500 with only 200 being sold via mail order.

No one else thinks this is a pointless release?

I do now.

I love everything LTJ. But the novelty of this EP wore off after the second listen. Hard to justify buying the vinyl when I know I'll never listen to it.

First listen for me. Covers have always sticky wickets for me, even when the band doing them are favorites of mine. However, LTJ is down there on the totem pole for me. Couple with that the fact that these are just covers of TV theme songs and then the project becomes futile to me. I gave it a listen in digi format and had a laugh singing along to the Animaniacs theme and then I deleted it. BUT I guess there are crazy completists for every band so what are you going to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm...LTJ just posted on Facebook that the first pressing was limited to 90 and only available on tour. Surely that's not what SRC has...

I saw this on there, if it's true, that's pretty ridiculous.. i'll be at the 11th stop on the tour, but with 90 copies, they probably won't even make it that long unless they're limiting like 5 per show, which I doubt.