ATTN: Designers - New Vinyl Collective Logo!

Guest admin1338560633

In their defense they are offering records and a gift certificate, so it's not free design work as you put it. It's spec work. And while I don't normally advocate spec work or crowd sourcing, because I too am a working designer and get frustrated with people who downplay the importance of our skills and industry, I think this is a different situation then normal. It's not a company asking for spec work so much as it's a community, that you choose to be a part of, asking for people in said community to donate time in exchange for records.

That being said, same response to everyone who complains about spec work. Don't like? Don't participate.

Totes!

One of the reasons I asked if the runners-up could be posted is because I know that label people and bands troll these boards quite frequently. I contributed thinking that there was the possibility of getting work noticed by these people. So hopefully if you contribute and don't win you will still get something out of the deal.