PS3 $40.00 on amazon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The fact it's been going on all afternoon seems pretty sketchy... but it is what it is. I've heard plenty of stories about Amazon honoring incorrect prices, but they were generally (very) brief glitches in the system.

As far as having an order # in the thousands? - I doubt it'll matter too much. A first-come, first-serve system would be hilarious, though. "We can only afford to honor the first 50 orders. Sorry." Awesome.

If it flops, it's whatever. I don't even really need one, you know? If it goes through, though, I think it could be the biggest Amazon botch of 2011.

Video gaming sites have had all their employees order. If you ordered through Target you def aren't getting one. Amazon is selling this for Target, and apparently they have been working on this for a long time to get it fixed. Someone on there pointed out that it says that Amazon is not responsible for pricing errors and then lists numerous companies, one of which is Target.

I'm gonna bitch to no end haha.

Working retail for a few years, I'm always baffled at how adamant customers can be over saving a bit of cash. I've had gentlemen become irate over a 40¢ difference on a single screw, at Home Depot, and I've had women throw fits over the additional 50¢ for a waffle-cone at Baskin Robbins. I get that times are tough, but I've never been one to roll up my sleeves and make a scene over saving a buck or two.

But this.

This is a whole different story. At a $200+ price difference, I'll also be fighting this thing to the death.

i've grabbed something similar to like this that Amazon had messed up on in the past, they canceled all ordered and used the reasoning that they had insufficient quantities.

you should be able to get a promotional credit out of them though, so in the end, it's still worth it.

Guest markovianprocess

I'm always curious as to why people post on forums about this. Surely if you kept quiet they are much more likely to just honour your order if there are only 5 of them compared to 5,000?