Failure - Pro Catastrophe 7"

Weird, I've never heard of that. That's the same Failure who put out "Fantastic Planet" and "Magnified" right? Not just another band with the same name?

yes, it's ken andrew's failure.

first ever release.

i've read somewhere that they put out one other 7" after this one before releasing Comfort.

and no, i don't think i'm going to sell it any time soon.

Impressive. What's on the b-side?

This song came off of my least favorite Failure album but given how rare this has to be... who cares!

the b-side is Dipped In Anger, also, this version of Pro Catastrophe pre-dates the version used on Comfort.

i put both tracks up on youtube back when i first got this.

• 1 year later...

pro catastrophe seems to be a lot more common than count my eyes.

i have two copies now, and actually i'm selling my first copy back to the friend i bought it from later this week.

still haven't found a count my eyes though.

fought for one on ebay awhile back, but i stopped after the price broke $50.

if i recall someone from this forum won it.

i have this 7" as well. I've only seen the comfort 7" one other time on ebay and it went for about $75. I found the comfort LP in a used bin at reckless in chicago for $6.99. Probably the biggest shit my pants score for me. Failure is pretty much my fav band of all time. Still waiting on Magnified to get pressed.

I actually emailed ORG about that. Made a case to have it released (reasons why it will sell better than Comfort did). I got a response that it will be released at some time in the future. They also said there's quite a few releases coming before it, so basically just be patient.

• 1 year later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390589599497&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Someone just put a sealed Fantastic Planet on the bay for 150 BiN... not cheap, but given how much this has sold for recently it might not be a bad opportunity for someone who wants it.

This is not my posting, btw... my copy is open and it ain't going anywhere.