non-fest stuff going on in austin feb/mar

• 2 weeks later...
would if i could, not sure how possible that is though. also, how is the transit in austin? is it easily walkable, should i do bus, cab, or what?

PM me i'll answer any questions you have.

if you want to see a large portion of the scenes from linklater movies, it's easier to just rent a car. as they are all over austin, georgetown, and mt bonnell. it'd be a pain the but doing it by bus. because you can't really get to a few places by public transit. most you can though. if you are just wanting to see main sites, it's doable though. as most of the main sites in suburbia are off stassney and south 1st, a few blocks away is the high school in dazed and confused, up north is the top notch, etc. Slacker was shot around university area and downtown. unfortunately none of the locations are there anymore or have been made into different businesses :( (rip sound exchange). I'm more than welcome to show you around though if you want to see them. we can go eat at top notch. When you walk in, you immediately are transported to the 1970's. no joke.

PM me for more info if you want.

there are way too many shows happening all the time. you'd have to wait about 2 months out too figure out who's playing. it really all depends on what you are into.

what did you plan on doing here besides see linklater sites.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

taste of chicago is awful. steer clear of it. it's overpriced and shitty.

if you're hunting vinyl, checkout: reckless records(3 locations), permanent records, bucket o blood, logan hardware.

Lemme know if you want a list of bars or anything. There's not to much going on in the way of shows. You might consider jumping up to music box to see a movie.

i'd consider going if it was mariachi el bronx.

already knew about most of the record stores. i've ordered online from reckless a lot in the past, so it will be nice to finally be able to physically walk into one of their locations.

i also think the music box may have been on the agenda. i can't really say what part of town i'll be in for most of the time. planning on stopping at kuma's corner, wieners circle, and a few other places.

already knew about most of the record stores. i've ordered online from reckless a lot in the past, so it will be nice to finally be able to physically walk into one of their locations.

i also think the music box may have been on the agenda. i can't really say what part of town i'll be in for most of the time. planning on stopping at kuma's corner, wieners circle, and a few other places.

Fuck yeah. I've been dying for Kuma's, haven't had time to get up there lately. I like the reckless in wicker park the best, but everyone has their opinions as to which one is king.

Other notable grub: revolution brewery, piece pizzeria, santullo's pizza, sultan's market (best falafel in the city)

They are playing as El Bronx the same weekend as part of the Dave Matthews Band Caravan festival, but $85 a ticket for teh day to hang out with people who want to see the Dave Mathews band.... No thanks for me.

Fuck yeah. I've been dying for Kuma's, haven't had time to get up there lately. I like the reckless in wicker park the best, but everyone has their opinions as to which one is king.

Other notable grub: revolution brewery, piece pizzeria, santullo's pizza, sultan's market (best falafel in the city)

always down for trying the best falafel a city has to offer.

• 6 months later...