Has there ever been a Black Sabbath Box Set?

While I was listening to Paranoid today I started to think that I'd like to get some more Sabbath albums. What's the deal with either a box set or represses? It's not something I listen to often but you can't go wrong with a little Black Sabbath in your life.

By the way, does anybody have any albums they'd like to part with on the cheap?? ;D

If you look on discogs you'll find a few box sets that were released such as this one -

http://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbath-The-Sabbath-Collection/release/2585474

I've been on a sabbath kick as well. I bought a bunch of ozzy era sabbath records from someone on dead format for like $6 each. I then found some of the more obscure Sabbath records like Technical Ecstasy, Seventh Star and Born Again for cheap at Reckless Records.

I'm not sure of there was ever a box set, in Europe you can pick up the originals fairly cheaply, not sure about in the U.S.

If you don't have it I'd recomend the first self titled album, the first song "Black Sabbath" played loud on vinyl is possibly the most wonderful sound mortal man has the pleasure of being able to hear.

That set on the discogs page is odd. I've never seen anything about it before. I'm assuming that there's nothing still in print since that's from nearly 2 decades ago.

I have 2 copies of the self titled and one copy of Paranoid that I try to break out from time to time. I'm really in the mood for Vol. 4 and Masters though.

just buy the records themselves. box sets are fucking lame when you can get the og's for cheap.

Dude I'm fine with the originals but a box set would be ideal to get them all at once. I don't know where you're finding the og's for cheap either ... or you and I have different ideas of what constitutes being cheap haha. Also, my copy of Paranoid is paper thin. It would be nice to see some Sabbath albums on 180 g.

just buy the records themselves. box sets are fucking lame when you can get the og's for cheap.

Dude I'm fine with the originals but a box set would be ideal to get them all at once. I don't know where you're finding the og's for cheap either ... or you and I have different ideas of what constitutes being cheap haha. Also, my copy of Paranoid is paper thin. It would be nice to see some Sabbath albums on 180 g.

you know that thickness of the record doesn't solely determine how it sounds right?

you know that thickness of the record doesn't solely determine how it sounds right?

Yes I do.

I found this reissue of Paranoid for $10 a while ago at Electric Fetus, one of about 3 good things I've ever found at that godforsaken store:

http://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbath-Paranoid/release/2312299

It sounds great. Need to get s/t, Master of Reality, and Vol. 4 at some point, but not into spending money on them.

there are tons of represses out there of the Sabbath catalog.

i was trying to track down the 'best' sounding version when i was looking to pick up Vol. 4 (which i highly recommend). that one is prob my favorite.

there is also a 4-LP best of limited/numbered set i have that has stuff from ozzy, dio, and at least one song from born again.

there are CD box sets, the ozzy years is great b/c it stops before the last 2 subpar ozzy records.

but i would say just get all the lps b/c they should be easy to find pretty cheap.