Bad Religion Box Set Question

It's funny, I've just been used to this one having the stickered sleeve and never noticed that most copies didn't. This one certainly never came with tour-sticker you've shown. 'Sony Music Entertainment (Germany)' is written in tiny red on the back, so it's definitely the euro-version.

'Stranger than Fiction' is probably one of my all-time favorite records - means the world to me, even though 'No Control' is a high contender also.

Also, what are the B-sides on that STF 12" single? Are there any exclusive songs?

1. Leaders And Followers

2. Mediocrity

They were both exclusive/unreleased at the time but I think they since came out on some CD, it might have been that "bonus" disc with the B/sides and maybe soemthing else that I can't think of (one of the Sympathy singles' b/sides maybe?)

also i think it's really weird that there's no insert for this particular record because there's no credits on the back of the jacket, so Tim gets no credit for Television, and i seem to remember the cd booklet being fairly elaborate.

This is why I always assumed there had to be an insert. Damn.

I got a copy of Stranger Than Fiction on white with a "Made In The UK" sticker in the bottom of the front cover. Were there two European pressings back then (German and UK pressings)?

Also, what are the B-sides on that STF 12" single? Are there any exclusive songs?

can you post pics of this? Trying to document for my own purposes :)

• 2 months later...

I have most of the originals and the box and sound quality is not really that much different. They sounded good then and sound good now.

Another question regarding the pressing: I ordered this from kingsroad Europe. The major label releases are not clear red but solid red vinyl. They also say Epitaph Europe, while the epitaph records are epitaph usa. Probably different in the US-box?

Seems like BR-completists should get both boxes. ;D

*bump*

I'm still thinking about getting this box set one of these days. Does anyone have any thoughts on the sound quality of the records in this box vs. originals, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I've only tried playing a couple of them and they sounded the same to me but there was a fairly significant skipping issue with mine, not sure if that's just me though. I boxed it all back up and put it on a shelf where I can see it and pretend they all play perfectly.

Epitaph Europe has license to all of the BR vinyl in Europe, so we had them manufacture then shipped here to make it kosher on the legal front. Rhino manufactures all of the Atlantic vinyl, INCLUDING the Tom Waits shit we're still sorting out...they're nice people and all, but fuck.

The insert-less record was, as we're told, what Atlantic provided our European office. So nothing had inserts as that's what we were supplied.

Does that help?

you can harass me at [email protected] if you want more info. I don't post here as often as I should, so yeah.

*bump*

I'm still thinking about getting this box set one of these days. Does anyone have any thoughts on the sound quality of the records in this box vs. originals, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I've only tried playing a couple of them and they sounded the same to me but there was a fairly significant skipping issue with mine, not sure if that's just me though. I boxed it all back up and put it on a shelf where I can see it and pretend they all play perfectly.

Dude, email our customer service. We'll exchange skipping piece of shit records for you. You're the only person who would do that so it makes me WANT to exchange it for you instead of having our staff mumble ill will your way while doing so.