from personal experience, how reliable is SRC?

My one big headache with distros is selling shit they don't have. I've had this happen a couple of times, especially when it comes to stuff on PO. I order the PO record and a couple of other records. PO record finally drops and the other ones have been sold. I think distros need to figure out a system that requires someone to actually pull all records out of stock and put them aside.

On the topic of SRC. I've ordered from them three or four times and it's nothing short of amazing. The last order hasn't shown up yet, but they emailed me out of the blue when they saw I was looking for an OOP print record. They asked if I still needed it and that their stock said black, but was actually the OOP color. So I totally scored a copy without dealing with flippers on eBay!

GO SRC!!

My experience has been just okay. I've placed 3 orders so far, all of which have been delayed for one reason or another.

The first order I placed included A Day To Remember - Attack of the Killer B-sides. It was in the store when I placed my order, so I figured they had it. About a week went by and it was still pending shipment, so they sent me a message letting me know what was going on. Apparently they didn't have that 7" and were waiting on more copies to come in. About 3 weeks later they let me know that they oversold that 7" and didn't have any copies. They went out of their way to fix that for me though and in the end I was quite happy with that order.

I had another order that had been pending shipment since November 26th (it had the Bane LP which I preordered, so it was fully expected that I would be waiting.) I eventually added Blink 182 - Dude Ranch and The Wonder Years - Won't Be Pathetic Forever, which were both pre-orders as well. I messaged them on Feb 18th asking about my order. I was told that they had just received the Wonder Years 7" and it would be shipping in the next few days. That same day, it was marked as partially shipped, so that was sweet. I'm still waiting on something from that order to ship, but I have no idea what it is.

All in all I would say their customer service is awesome. Any time I've sent a message, it's been replied to by the end of that business day, if not within an hour or two of sending it. They seriously need to fix their over-selling of records or selling things they don't have in stock though. I've ordered from quite a few places now and SRC is the only place I've had this happen.