Mac help: Can anyone help fix slow wireless?

its not one specifically for mac...like it will still work on PC, it just might not be optomized to work the best with mac. they arent expensive, just get one that works well with mac. if your internet still goes slow, just return it, that way you at least know its not your router thats the issue.

its not one specifically for mac...like it will still work on PC, it just might not be optomized to work the best with mac. they arent expensive, just get one that works well with mac. if your internet still goes slow, just return it, that way you at least know its not your router thats the issue.

Far enough. I think it's just the idea of spending more money after dropping 1300 on a computer that's supposed to be a god out of the box makes me itch. What do you use? Or at least do you have one you'd recommend?

I have a 8 or so year old Belkin router.. recently got my first macbook pro and haven't had any issues at all with slow network speeds, I just had to restart my modem & router first time I connected. I know this doesn't provide any suggestions, but just thinking it may be an isolated issue?

Loki, some routers don't always work well with macs.. unfortunately. the only thing you can do is take suggestions from people regarding certain wireless routers that do work. most do, but there are those few that for some reason have slow connection speeds (like mine at the house). I only know this because i get top speed at my volunteer job, and at my last place of residence. here not so much with the router we have on hand.

Loki, some routers don't always work well with macs.. unfortunately. the only thing you can do is take suggestions from people regarding certain wireless routers that do work. most do, but there are those few that for some reason have slow connection speeds (like mine at the house). I only know this because i get top speed at my volunteer job, and at my last place of residence. here not so much with the router we have on hand.

Ended up having to change some security settings and I'm back in bizness. Thanks for the advice all.