Bicycle liscense plates

taken from an article i read online (and channeling life of brian):

"Okay, well, apart from the eight-hour work day, and the forty-hour work week, weekends, sick days, vacation days, paid leave, maternity leave, workplace safety regulations and health standards, social security, the minimum wage, pensions, worker insurance plans and benefits, child labor laws, the retirement age, unemployment insurance, disability pay, overtime pay, laws regarding discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and the downfall of the Polish Communist Party... what have the unions ever done for us!?"

Sing it sister!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5OT3z1VGA

For posterity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNtbyz3DEE&feature=related

I agree with everything Matt has said. Also people who ride bikes on the sidewalks are fucking idiots who just get in the way of other people.

I ride on the sidewalk.

the streets here are narrow and i'm not about to get clipped because i'm holding up a mile of traffic on my bmx. i also don't whiz by people either. i don't know how it is anywhere else, but usually people riding bikes on the sidewalks are really good about being safe and just slowly riding around people or being polite and saying excuse me. it works out. THen again the sidewalks aren't heavy populated here except downtown and campus, and no one rides on the sidewalk downtown. it's too much of a hassle for bike riders and pedestrians alike. i really think we kinda look out for each other. though the critical mass people can be a bit of a pain in the ass from time to time. i went once and i will never go again.. too many swarmy people. in that group.