Fidel Castro Resigns

Pretty big news, but nothing will change as his brother is still in charge.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/02/19/castro/index.html

What's really interesting are the odd ball ideas the U.S. government had to kill him.

638 Ways to Kill Castro

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/aug/03/cuba.duncancampbell2

I woke up this morning to hear about this. It's all they were talking about during the radio morning show I listen to. They were funny as hell about it though b/c they were calling all the La Carreta (a "chain" of Cuban restaurants...which are really fuckin' good!) to get people's reactions about this. They put on a really bad Hispanic accent as they were trying to talk to people. More often than not they were getting hung up on b/c it was 7am or so...

Part of me doesn't really give a fuck...but living here in South FloriDUH! and being surround by all the Cubans, I am sure some sort of impact or reaction will be felt. I have yet to hear about anything happening or whatever.

But like Scott said, nothing will change on the island itself as his brother is just as bad. Even worse some say.

I read about this this morning. Pretty big news. What is funniest about this is a quote from Bush about FREE non-fixed elections. here is the quote.

"The international community should work with the Cuban people to begin to build institutions that are necessary for democracy," he said. "Eventually, this transition ought to lead to free and fair elections - and I mean free, and I mean fair - not these kind of staged elections that the Castro brothers try to foist off as true democracy."

I find this really funny.

as long as the us government doesnt use this as an opportunity to spread the good word of democracy to cuba then the people will be alright. just because they dont eat macdonalds and shop at wall mart doesnt mean they cant function as a nation.

we are kicking ourselves because we pimp ourselves out to big business and the "american dream" but they live everyday without it and seem to be surviving alright