Lakes - The Agreement; Graduate - Only Every Time

Another new upstart label:

http://americandreamrecords.limitedpressing.com/

Some guy from Absolutepunk is starting a new label and his first two releases are from Lakes (ex-Watashi Wa) and the Graduate.

Read his announcement here:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=3298

Don't care a thing about the Graduate but I enjoyed the Lakes album.

I like The Agreement, but I enjoyed the EP more. Might buy this anyway. Would rather see some Watashi Wa...

Last but not least, and I don't mean to be too much of a tease...just kidding, I really do...There's something else amazing that I'm waiting a bit longer to announce, but it's something that a lot of you are going to love and we absolutely cannot wait to bring you the final product(s). It involves a band/artist that's been around for a good amount of time, so we are very much looking forward to bringing you something we feel is long, long overdue. We'll let you know soon enough.

I think that might be the Name Taken album!

"You don't need a record player to own records. Buying music you love on vinyl is the best way to make sure you have that music for as long as possible."

- From the guy who started the label

Not to defend them at all, but we all start somewhere. I know some of us actually bought records as more of a "keepsake" before getting a record player.

W/ that said. I like the Lakes album but I probably wont buy it

"You don't need a record player to own records. Buying music you love on vinyl is the best way to make sure you have that music for as long as possible."

Not to defend them at all, but we all start somewhere. I know some of us actually bought records as more of a "keepsake" before getting a record player.

W/ that said. I like the Lakes album but I probably wont buy it

I agree, but I am pretty nervous about this guy running a label.

This. And also, he has a point with the "as long as possible" thing. I've thought in those lanes too.

• 1 year later...
I'm reviving an old thread to ask a question: was Lakes "The Agreement" ever released on vinyl?

i wish they would just press this already... they announced it as one of their first releases and then never talked about it again ;(

i asked @anamericangod on instagram and he replied "Still possible. Not in the immediate future, but we'll see."

This got sidetracked for a few reasons unfortunately. We had some tweaked artwork set for it, but other things took over for both sides. I still want to do it because I love the album and have always been a huge fan of Watashi Wa and Lakes. To be completely honest, I am not sure how much support it would really have, but I've talked to the guys in Lakes about it several times since the original plan to press it was mentioned

They are however working on a new album and the demos sound great, so if you liked The Agreement I think you'll really enjoy the new record.

As for Watashi Wa, you'll have to wait until Tooth & Nail decides to press it without telling anyone else ahead of time Anberlin-style.

I'll buy that This Day & Age when it goes up.

Cool, thanks. It should be finished in a few weeks, all the artwork is taken care of, so now we're just waiting on the actual pressing.

It's going to be 100 on 180 gram black, and 200 on a really nice blue/green color that is pretty close to the colors on the cover. Trying to get some autographed copies as well, Jeff and Steve from This Day & Age have been really into the whole thing.

This got sidetracked for a few reasons unfortunately. We had some tweaked artwork set for it, but other things took over for both sides. I still want to do it because I love the album and have always been a huge fan of Watashi Wa and Lakes. To be completely honest, I am not sure how much support it would really have, but I've talked to the guys in Lakes about it several times since the original plan to press it was mentioned

They are however working on a new album and the demos sound great, so if you liked The Agreement I think you'll really enjoy the new record.

As for Watashi Wa, you'll have to wait until Tooth & Nail decides to press it without telling anyone else ahead of time Anberlin-style.

I'll buy that This Day & Age when it goes up.

Cool, thanks. It should be finished in a few weeks, all the artwork is taken care of, so now we're just waiting on the actual pressing.

It's going to be 100 on 180 gram black, and 200 on a really nice blue/green color that is pretty close to the colors on the cover. Trying to get some autographed copies as well, Jeff and Steve from This Day & Age have been really into the whole thing.

Well All you really need is one autograph and you can photocopy it and bank $$$ for it while promising hand written ones!

Love TD&A but will not support this release and I can't believe anyone would.

Well All you really need is one autograph and you can photocopy it and bank $$$ for it while promising hand written ones!

Love TD&A but will not support this release and I can't believe anyone would.

I've explained that issue several times, and if you're never going to let it go, then there isn't much else I can do about that. If you love TD&A, it'd be cool if you bought a copy, but if you would rather continue to hold that against me than own a record you like, you can do that also.

T&N should make a list of what albums they are planning to release themselves, which albums they don't want to release and which they wouldn't mind licensing.

T&N should make a list of what albums they are planning to release themselves, which albums they don't want to release and which they wouldn't mind licensing.

The two I would want most from them are:

Emery - The Question

Waking Ashland - Composure

The Question would be awesome. I would love some early skatepunk stuff aswell. and Search The City - A Fire So Big The Heavens Can See It (but I'm probably the only one to want that one).

The Fold - Secrets Keep You Sick would be sick aswell. and the run kid run albums. and jonezetta's second album. and the surrogate albums. and the band that can't be named. I'm getting out of control here.