Jeniferever - Silesia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jealous! i hate being an american fan of bands like this, because the odds of me ever seeing them are super slim.

i missed Mew when they finally came through for glass handed kites because the closet they played was chicago.

maybe this album will blow up and jeniferever will finally come to america.

p.s. i've been listening to this album soooo much lately, it's fantastic.

and no, i don't feel guilty for booting the leak, because:

1) its for personal use only.

2) i am definitely, without a doubt buying the ridiculously overpriced vinyl.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':qlub9h4j]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':qlub9h4j]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally got around to ordering this today (on white), and they're sold out (of both colours).

=*(.

the owner/manager/whatever of the label said they might getting a few more of the white on the 20th, so here's hoping.

she said if not, they have already ordered a second press on blue/grey (solid) that will be in soon, so that's exciting. but i still really want a first pressing.

that being said, i DID order a "beat of our own blood" 7" on white, which mailed this morning, so if customs doesn't fuck with me i'll see it in about a week.

stoakkedd.

SOOO.....

did anyone here order this? if so, do you have yours yet?

i want to see pictures.

i've heard the packaging is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

first pressing sold out quick, but the label kept accepting payments because they were already pressing a second run.

they were supposed to get more on the 20th but the lady that does all the label stuffs told me that record store day fucked that up somehow.

the second press will be mailed out may 9th.

they will be shipping 20 copies on white for anyone who asked for the first press on white and missed it, and all the rest of this repress will be a blue/grey mix? i dont know if its a swirl, splatter, or one blue disc one grey disc thing. she was kinda vague.

but still, yeah, may 9th, comming from london, so we'll probably have ours sometime before june.

ugh.

i ordered right after the post up above that says they're taking preorders so i can't imagine i didn't get in in time. i'll give it another week before worrying

overseas shipping is unpredictable.

it usually takes around 2 weeks, but i've had some take over 2 months.

customs can snag shit and hold it for weeks before inspecting and finally letting them go.

i ordred my Beat of Our Own Blood 7" over 2 weeks ago and it's still not here.

• 2 weeks later...
i ordered right after the post up above that says they're taking preorders so i can't imagine i didn't get in in time. i'll give it another week before worrying

overseas shipping is unpredictable.

it usually takes around 2 weeks, but i've had some take over 2 months.

customs can snag shit and hold it for weeks before inspecting and finally letting them go.

i ordred my Beat of Our Own Blood 7" over 2 weeks ago and it's still not here.

well i finally e-mailed them and i guess i didn't make the cutoff for the first press. so i guess they're expecting the next shipment next week. a bit of a relief but this whole time waiting i was certain i ordered in time. really don't want to wait any longer for this.

so why does everyone here hate on white vinyl anyway? releases like this show how gorgeous it can really be.

I actually think that (and off-white) works exceptionally well with the proper release, packaging, and art. When it completely clashes... I'm just not a fan. It's weird. Or maybe just I am.

So how is this record? I'm not the biggest Jeniferever fan, but I've been meaning to give it a listen. Comparable to their previous albums?

poppier than previous albums, but i'm loving it.

it's probably a great introduction to them because it's so poppy and listener friendly.

their older stuff can tend to get quite ambient and drawn out.

there's definately more beauty to their older records, but there is more structure to the new album, which in turn makes a lot of the new songs more memorable.

and yes, i'm tired of waiting on this as well.

it will complete my collection, with the exception of their two 10"s.

dammit, i would have stomped and the floor and yelled and shit.

for the price of that damn record, that kind of treatment is unacceptable.

i know how amazon ships records and i hate it, but so far i haven't gotten any damaged from them.

if i were you i would send it back, in a mailer, and ask them to replace it, and ship it back in the mailer.

dammit, i would have stomped and the floor and yelled and shit.

for the price of that damn record, that kind of treatment is unacceptable.

i know how amazon ships records and i hate it, but so far i haven't gotten any damaged from them.

if i were you i would send it back, in a mailer, and ask them to replace it, and ship it back in the mailer.

i know, i was super pissed/upset. i wish it was as easy as that! i requested a replacement and they're sending it before they get the returned one. it's supposed to be here in 2 days (don't know how that's gonna happen...)--hopefully they'll get it right this time. i sent an email to customer support and ripped into them over it. it wouldn't have made me so angry if it hadn't taken them weeks to finally track down a copy for me. so frustrating. i just hope that the next one comes in better shape.