Fantasy Baseball Thoughts??

randysxe

hows the scoring weighed in your league?

first pick i'd take A-Rod or Santana. can't really lose out with either of those.. especially since both will be happier this year with retarded contracts.

basically you play head to head with someone else for the week...the most points gets the win....its head to head every week against someone....there are 3 divisions with 4 teams each...this is the perfect league for me because i can check everyday, so i only need to change things/check once a week...the pitching is counted by what the entire staff does, not individual pitchers...scoring is the following:

How do I score points?

Your players will score points for you each day on which MLB games are played based on the following formula:

Hitters

Single = 1

Double = 2

Triple = 3

Home Run = 4

Run = 1

RBI = 1

Walk = 1

Stolen Base = 2

Caught Stealing = -1

Pitching Staffs (the pitching point system has changed in 2008)

Win = 5

Strikeouts

0-4 = 0

5-7 = 1

8-10 = 2

11-13 = 3

14-16 = 5

17-19 = 7

20+ = 10

Earned Runs Allowed

0 = 10

1 = 7

2 = 5

3 = 3

4 = 2

5 = 1

6+ = 0

Hits + Walks allowed

0 = 30

1 = 20

2 = 15

3 = 10

4-5 = 7

6-8 = 4

9-11 = 2

12-14 = 1

15+ = 0

i played last year and made it throught the playoffs to the final 32 tema playing...its realy fun

dude in that case definately take A-rod. scoring is weighed heavily on fast power hitters. A-Rod will have great extra base hit #'s, he walks a decent amount, and he steals bases.

and santana is going to have ridiculous #'s... i mean look how good he was facing strong al central/east teams... and now hes in the nat'l league.

dude in that case definately take A-rod. scoring is weighed heavily on fast power hitters. A-Rod will have great extra base hit #'s, he walks a decent amount, and he steals bases.

and santana is going to have ridiculous #'s... i mean look how good he was facing strong al central/east teams... and now hes in the nat'l league.

totally agree with all your thoughts...

Guest baseball

2nd pick, nice!

Your objective for the 1st round should always be to pick a player who excels in as many categories as possible at a position where these attributes are not typical.

Examples of this are Chase Utley, Jose Reyes, and Hanley Ramirez. All 3 of these players provide attributes that the majority of 2nd or SS do not provide.

You don't want to pick from a deep position like 1B or OF. Power hitters who help you in multiple categories are a dime a dozen from those positions.

Rodriguez will be picked 1st so I'd go with Hanley Ramirez or Jose Reyes probably next. Only thing is, those two players have been inconsistent, but the reward if they have a great year pays off big time. If you want a sure thing I'd go for David Wright. Pujols torn elbow ligament worries me, I think it's going to be a down year for him.

I wouldn't advise picking a pitcher with the 2nd pick. They are too unpredictable, even Santana I would only draft at about 8-12.

2nd pick, nice!

Your objective for the 1st round should always be to pick a player who excels in as many categories as possible at a position where these attributes are not typical.

Examples of this are Chase Utley, Jose Reyes, and Hanley Ramirez. All 3 of these players provide attributes that the majority of 2nd or SS do not provide.

You don't want to pick from a deep position like 1B or OF. Power hitters who help you in multiple categories are a dime a dozen from those positions.

Rodriguez will be picked 1st so I'd go with Hanley Ramirez or Jose Reyes probably next. Only thing is, those two players have been inconsistent, but the reward if they have a great year pays off big time. If you want a sure thing I'd go for David Wright. Pujols torn elbow ligament worries me, I think it's going to be a down year for him.

I wouldn't advise picking a pitcher with the 2nd pick. They are too unpredictable, even Santana I would only draft at about 8-12.

if arod is gone i was thinking hanley ramirez as well...only thing i am worried about with hiim is he doesnt have cabrera protecting him in the lineup any more....but i still think he will have a huge year

yeah, I go after the top SS/2B as my top 2 picks, then pick up some OF and then go after SP/RP... I wait almost to the 4th round to go after pitchers because there are sooooo many pitchers who are above average that are low in the rankings, ya know? get me maddux/glavine every year and im happy

yeah, I go after the top SS/2B as my top 2 picks, then pick up some OF and then go after SP/RP... I wait almost to the 4th round to go after pitchers because there are sooooo many pitchers who are above average that are low in the rankings, ya know? get me maddux/glavine every year and im happy

in the mlb league, the one you are playing in with me, you dont pick individual pitchers, you only pick a teams entire pitching staff...but i do agree with the 2b/ss

Guest baseball
jeter or reyes for SS, AROD definately for 3rd. hell i'd take Posada at C too... altho i have my doubts if he can reproduce the #'s he had last year.

Posada's average of balls in play was in the upper .300's last year. Basically, he was way luckier than the average player in the percentage of his balls put into play being turned into outs.

He had an amazing year, but he'll definitely come down to earth a little this year.

jeter or reyes for SS, AROD definately for 3rd. hell i'd take Posada at C too... altho i have my doubts if he can reproduce the #'s he had last year.

Posada's average of balls in play was in the upper .300's last year. Basically, he was way luckier than the average player in the percentage of his balls put into play being turned into outs.

He had an amazing year, but he'll definitely come down to earth a little this year.

yeah i cant think of any catcher thats really putting up anything close offensively tho.

yeah i cant think of any catcher thats really putting up anything close offensively tho.

i would take victor martinez, russel martin, a healthy joe mauer, a healthy brian mccann.....and a sleeper to watch out for: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, playing half his games in texas...he can hit

so far here are my two yahoo teams, kinda stoked but im going to wait until spring training is done before I look at making any moves

C - J.R. Towles

1B - Justin Moraneau

2B - Brandon Phillips

3B - Aramis Ramirez

SS - Hanley Ramirez

OF - Vlad Giurerro

OF - Gary Sheffield

OF - Jason Bay

DH - Carlos Pena

B - Matt Kemp

B - Kahlil Greene

B - Jason Giambi

B - Evan Longoria

SP - James Sheilds

SP - Dice-K

RP - Billy Wagner

RP - CJ Wilson

P - Brad Penny

P - AJ Burnett

P - Dustin McGowen

B - Johnathan Broxton

C - Ivan Rodriguez

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Brian Roberts

3B - Aramis Ramirez

SS - Khalil Green

OF - Nick Markakis

OF - Shane Victorino

OF - Jacob Elsbury

DH - Ryan Howard

B - Frank Thomas

B - Edwin Encarncion

SP - John Lacky

SP - Scott Kazmir

RP - Joakim Soria

RP - Eric Gange

P - Chris Young

P - Roy Halladay

P - Matt Cain

B - Rich Harden

B - Tom Glavine

B - BJ Ryan

i would take victor martinez, russel martin, a healthy joe mauer, a healthy brian mccann.....and a sleeper to watch out for: Jarrod Saltalamacchia, playing half his games in texas...he can hit

Saltalamacchia isnt going to be the starting Catcher though, so unless you're playing in a deep league his production is going to be real limited

Saltalamacchia isnt going to be the starting Catcher though, so unless you're playing in a deep league his production is going to be real limited

its possible for him to beat out laird