Paypal Shipping

So I just started using this to send out records that people pay for via paypal. It's pretty awesome and convenient.

Does anyone know if you can send packages using it for people that haven't paid you through paypal? I couldn't seem to find an option, or way to do it. Also, has anyone shipped to Canadia using it? there only seemed to be 2 expensive shipping options.

i dont think you can use paypal to do shipping for non-paypal transactions. check usps. royal mail over here in the UK now do the same thing - you can pay and print off all your shipping stuff at home. you just set up a pre-pay account and use the money in that to pay for the shipping well good.

oh, and a decent set of scales is a must!

you can only use paypal shipping for paypal transactions.

also international shipping for the cheap "first class" option you have to go to the post office for as paypal shiping only supports the more expensive priority or express options.

i use it every day and have never had anything returned to me. i have a pretty good scale though that i test often though.

you can only use paypal shipping for paypal transactions.

also international shipping for the cheap "first class" option you have to go to the post office for as paypal shiping only supports the more expensive priority or express options.

i use it every day and have never had anything returned to me. i have a pretty good scale though that i test often though.

thanks!

I bought a postage scale at Staples for like $14.99, and usually round up a few ounces. (In regards to a few posts up, didn't want to go back up and quote)

i also round up an ounce or so. as long as its not right at the pound limit, since there is no proce difference between media mail prices for things like 1 pound 7 ounces, and 1 pound 8 ounces.

click on merchant services tab

on right, under Shipping & Tax

click on Multi Order Shipping, even if you only have one.

a new window will open up, it'll give you the option to import new items or create.

click on create

fill in the tabs, click save and close (or create another)

shipment will be listed

click on print symbol

click on pay and print

pay for shipping total, brings you back to screen and i would suggest a few practice runs on printing the label.

(these are PC directions...)

(click on Properties, advanced tab, page setting, scaling set to "free"

i usually set my size to 95, instead of 100)

try to print it, if if will fit on the box/envelope, reprint the real copy, cut the label out and put it on the box, don't put tape over the barcode!!!!

i have had no problems at all.

you can schedule pick ups through this too, but I bring all mine to the post office.

woooord.

You CAN ship internationally if it's a paypal payment you're shipping from, but not if it isn't. I couldn't figure out a way to use the Multi Order Shipping for international shipping. Also, there's no international first class through paypal, so if it's not a heavy package, you're better off taking it to the post office. Basically, the only time I ever stand in line at the PO any more is for international stuff.

However, for domestic stuff, it's like a beautiful dream. I think I'm going to buy a thermal label printer to make things even easier.

Also, it makes you include delivery confirmation automatically. It's 18 cents for everything but priority mail, which is free. QUALITY. No more "where's my package" crap and you don't have to fill out those little neon green things every time.

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

I just used the "multi order shipping" through paypal, it was awesome. very easy to use. one big thing though make sure you have your pop-up blocker OFF! it was kind of a pain to go back and reprint the labels since my blocker blocked them. either way, much easier than going to the post office and comes right out of my paypal. excellent. thanks again justin!

wow, just tried the payapl shipping option. works great but i would only use it for Media Mail where being a few ounces off wont make a difference. btw, looking for a good scale for weighing records and such. There a ton of choices either on ebay or at stores. ebay seems much cheaper but are the scales reliable? anybody buy one of the ones on ebay and have them be pretty accurate? any advice on which one to choose. thanks