Does anyone else have a Tumblr?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically anything. Different people use it for different reasons. It's a blog. You can subscribe to other ones you like and they all show up on a dashboard-style feed. You can reblog or like a post with one click (usually. Unless they've got it all myspaced out and use html overrides. worst.)

I just started last week or so and I'm hooked. It gives me a place to dump things I find on stumbleupon.

think: Twitter with pictures.

I only really use my Tumblr for my own stuff. Rarely reblog and junk.

This. I only put up my own content. Having said that, if you're a content creator of any kind (photos, music, art, etc etc) your stuff is probably posted all the fuck over Tumblr without credit given to you. I bust people left and right for it.

Clicking only one of these, I haven't figured out what a tumblr is. Is it basically just a blog? That you can follow people with? So it's like a bigger twitter?

Every time a new site comes out, I take a step away from it all. I just can't get behind the idea that every electrical spark my brain has is worth posting on the internet and someone will find it worth reading, and I can't get comfortable with that much disclosure about myself. My facebook is minimal and as private as possible. I just... I dunno, I like the internet of 10 years ago better than this web2.0 or 3.0 or wherever we are. Because I appreciate privacy.

Clicking only one of these, I haven't figured out what a tumblr is. Is it basically just a blog? That you can follow people with? So it's like a bigger twitter?

Every time a new site comes out, I take a step away from it all. I just can't get behind the idea that every electrical spark my brain has is worth posting on the internet and someone will find it worth reading, and I can't get comfortable with that much disclosure about myself. My facebook is minimal and as private as possible. I just... I dunno, I like the internet of 10 years ago better than this web2.0 or 3.0 or wherever we are. Because I appreciate privacy.

+1...for the WEIRDO! :P

Actually it's a tumblelog, which is more of a quick, on-the-go kind of thing than a traditional blog. Microblogging I guess. Not that it matters at all, just making the distinction for anyone curious. They've been around for quite awhile actually several years.

This. I only put up my own content. Having said that, if you're a content creator of any kind (photos, music, art, etc etc) your stuff is probably posted all the fuck over Tumblr without credit given to you. I bust people left and right for it.

Right? It's bullshit. That's why I find most people on Tumblr annoying. But the worst is when people take some gif they didn't make (or even worse, just a screencap of something) and slap their Tumblr url across it. I'm the least creative person ever, and even I know that's weak.