Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans mispress?

Bought this off Insound earlier this week, the regular album sounds fine, but the bonus 7"...isn't Sufjan haha. I investigated, and it turns out the 7" is actually Danielson - "Moment Soakers". Happened to my friend's copy too who ordered it earlier this week as well. Emailed the label to hopefully get new 7"s, but is anyone else's botched like this?

I follow them on tumblr because the guy that runs it knows things, not full of nonsense like most tumblrs. Anyways, I feel like it might have just been Insound that messed that up. It's a good site, and they have amazing customer service, but somehow something seems to go wrong any time me or my friend orders from them. They always fix it no questions asked, but yeah.

Thanks for making this thread, I'm a pretty big Sufjan fan and have always really wanted Seven Swans on vinyl but it's been out of print for so long! Definitely want to pick this up.

Uhh... what? This album was repressed like 4 years ago and has been in print ever since.

http://www.scdistribution.com/cat/scd_catalog.php?usersearch=sufjan&order=&submit=Go#

The repress is actually better than the original, there's no real reason to seek out an original unless you're a mega-completist.

Sounds Familyre site:

Originally released in 2004, this reissue includes the following:

Vinyl mastering is better

Vinyl is thicker (140g)

The cover is matte instead of shiny

Plus, it has a bonus 7″ of two Sufjan songs from the “Seven Swans” sessions that are not available in any other format.

The repress is actually better than the original

True. I have both versions and the repress is vastly superior. I bought the original press back when it was first released and when I heard about a second press, I was just as excited about a new LP as I was for the bonus 7 inch. I go straight for the second press whenever I want to hear the album and only keep the original because Sufjan is my favorite artist.

• 4 months later...

I just wonder If anyone got an answer to the "mispressed" 7-inch? I was glad to finally find a mint sealed repress at reasonable price, but now after I received and played it I am pretty disappointed :-(

The whole thing doesn't look like a "bootleg" though, and it appears strange to me that the (re)-repress is postponed so many times... Maybe it was actually pressed, but wrong - and so they stopped delivering it?!

I wrote to sounds familiare and do hope for an answer :-/

i emailed them back when i started this thread and they said they were aware of the problem and would let me know when the right 7"s were pressed and mail them out. last i checked a few weeks ago the pressing plant was "extremely busy and having trouble", so who knows if we'll see not messed up copies in the near future, haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...