Pretty Excited for this...MLB 2K8!!

randysxe

World Series Baseball '98 for Sega Saturn is still the best baseball game I've ever played.

I think it was '97 for regular Sega that was my favorite. I figured out a glitch in the game when you were running from first to second. If you ran to 2nd, then turned around, and then back to 2nd again when an infielder had the ball they would freeze 90% of the time and you could just run all the way home without anything happening.

I have this new game in my Game Queue on Gamefly. Stoked on it.

2k5 was great i thought. i skipped 2k6, but 2k7 blew! they ruined everything from 2k5 it seemed like. so i'm not looking forward to this.

I think 2k7 was a vast improvement over 2k6. I don't like the hitting zone bubble but you can turn that off, I love the pitch aid from the catcher, that rocks. I need to move up to Hall of Fame though, I'm like 111-10 in All-Star. Oh well, its damn fun.

2K Sports proudly brings back the duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan to the broadcast booth, delivering the deepest commentary available.

aaaaaaaaaaaah! I hate these ass clowns! Noooooooooo!

2K Sports proudly brings back the duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan to the broadcast booth, delivering the deepest commentary available.

aaaaaaaaaaaah! I hate these ass clowns! Noooooooooo!

GODDAMMIT!!!

How do the words "deep" and "Joe Morgan" end up in the same sentence in regards to commentary?

Guest scriptedrain

I haven't owned a baseball game since Triple Play 99. I remember whenever a team would win, they would all go to the mound and give each other what was supposed to resemble a high five, walk away from the mound, turn around, and do it again, over and over. It was the most hilarious looped animation I've ever seen.

Needless to say, I'm excited to play this as it should be an improvement on a 10-year-old EA game.

in 2k7 i made some good trades and signed the best fa's available, yet the pirates were only #22 overall after that. in 2k5 i did the same and they were in the top 10. they made it to arcade like i thought too... 2k5 did a decent job of being a more realisitic sports game like the 2k series usually are.

I really didn't like 2K7. The best baseball games of the modern era were easily the EA MVP series. Too bad they lost the MLB license after 2005 and just did blah NCAA MVP games in 2006 and I think against last year.

MVP 2005 is pretty much perfect though.

the head dude in chage of the mvp series in now doing the mlb 2k series

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i got mlb 2k8 on xbox 360....i was a little worried because there are alot of people in reviews on gamestop and other places saying it was horrible....i have been wanting to play baseball so went ahead and bought it....at first i hated it...the new pitching and hitting were hard....but the more you play and get it down, its amazing....the pitching is fuckin great....its no longer pick a pitch, hold a button down and use the meter....you actually use the right stick and make the movements of pitches...its pretty realistic....the game is awesome and i recommend it....people who hate it, hate it because they cant handle the challenge!!!

Guest scriptedrain

I haven't owned a baseball game since Triple Play 99 and am considering checking out MLB 2K8 for 360. Thanks for the feedback, randysxe.