i hate this guy

Maybe this guy should go see live music rather than spending a million dollars trying to reproduce the experience.

Dude, the guys collection is 50% jazz. You ever seen jazz live? Shit is unbearable. It's like two monkeys pulling a Chinese finger trap on a clarinet. Horrid.

i'm sure it would be just as unbearable on wax.

Maybe this guy should go see live music rather than spending a million dollars trying to reproduce the experience.

Dude, the guys collection is 50% jazz. You ever seen jazz live? Shit is unbearable. It's like two monkeys pulling a Chinese finger trap on a clarinet. Horrid.

this coming from someone with dillinger escape plan on their tradelist. (dont get me wrong, i love DEP and lots of stuff like that, but im pretty sure there are a LOT more people in the world that would say the same thing about the entirety of your collection)

david - see i never could see spending that much on a perfect audio system, because the majority of stuff we listen to was recorded on a $50 budget or in someones garage.

just my two cents.

and you would be amazed at how good that can sound reproduce on a pro system.

exactly.

i even notice a huge quality difference from a 100 dollar sony turntable into a 150 dollar philips home stereo shelf system to my rega through a marantz through b&ws.

eric just doesn't like music.

things guy spends money he has on awesome audio equipment.

some people spend their money on 44 records that are exactly the same, just slightly different colored.

And if someone spent a million dollars on all the copies of Reinventing Axl Rose I'd call them dumb too.

most definitely. but ill bet that million dollars he spent on the audio room probably represents the same percentage of his funds, as a lot people who have a bands entire collection.

Looking over the room and the gear he has it looks like the equipment (not mentioning the acoustic treatment) its probably about $500,000...

The turntable is about $74,000 (without the cartridge)

The Speakers are probably in the $50,000+ range

The Speaker Cables are about $30,000 for the pair

He probably spent about $50,000 on interconnects. I mean each power chord has its own conditioner.

Those little things that stop the cables from touching the ground (to stop the cables from feeling the effects of the grounding effects of the planet) are about $250 for a dozen

Its a steal...

But then again, you'd shit yourself if you listened to a record in there.

I love that guys shelves/storage. I am pretty stoked to be able to finally create my own music room come June when I get a place with a second bedroom. Even if it's 1/1000th of the cost of that one.

I completely agree. I'm going to hopefully do that too. I have 2 empty bedrooms in the house I rent so once it warms up, since i'm too poor to heat the whole place all cold ass winter, I'm going to see if I can't make a music room.