NHL Trade Deadline - Today @ 3:00pm EST

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty excited to see "Big Bear" Bernier come to Buffalo . First of all... anyone with the nickname "Big Bear" is ok in my book, and second, he is everything the Sabres are not... big, tough, and aggressive. Maybe he'll inspire the team to throw their weight around like Kaleta has been doing.

I'm not too excited to see Paetsch back in full-time... hopefully Darcy squeezes in a second deal in the next 20 minutes for another defensive devenseman. Campbell sucked at playing actual defense, and we have plenty of offense, so I'm not that sad to see him leave.

it's confirmed:

The biggest name available at the NHL's trade deadline has joined one of the league's best young teams.

A source tells The Canadian Press that the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Marian Hossa from the Atlanta Thrashers.

The Penguins also receive forward Pascal Dupuis in exchange for forwards Angelo Esposito, Erik Christensen, Colby Armstrong and a first-round draft pick in a blockbuster deal just minutes before the 3 p.m. ET deadline.

The 29-year-old Hossa is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer so Thrashers GM Don Waddell decided to deal him after being unable to get his name on a contract extension.

He joins a Penguins team that includes league scoring leader Evgeni Malkin and superstar Sidney Crosby, who has been sidelined the past several weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Hossa has 26 goals and 56 points in 60 games this season.

Malkin will get re-signed over the summer. the more I think about it, christiansen hasn't played the last 5 games and hasnt been too productive and armstrong hasnt been the most productive player iether.. and our farm system is so deep with players of equal potential to them that trading them for Hossa is a pretty good trade seeing as how the last 4 seasons he's had 80+ points