NHL Trade Deadline - Today @ 3:00pm EST

I agree that the Penguins are a good team, and certainly have a chance to win in the East, but they can't beat the Stars or Ducks and probably Sharks (who I really doubt will make it that far). I'm going to just assume the Red Wings will choke in the first round to the 8th seed, whoever that may be, so they don't count.

I just hope that if the Blackhawks don't make the playoffs, neither do the BJs, Predators, or Blues. If it's Calgary, Vancouver, Colorado, etc. that's fine. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the rest of the Western conference, but I gotta hate those Central division teams.

i root for the yotes, bj's, blackhawks, ducks, and preds in the west. the wings are my most hated western team. :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pens Deal For Hossa

Let's call a spade a spade.

This is an ownership deal. Mario Lemieux had to be involved in this.

Ray Shero is certainly the general manager and he's making the trades, and I'm not saying he didn't make this trade, but to take younger players that were under contract, and go out and get a rental.

Can we reasonably expect that Hossa is going to sign with the Penguins? Does anybody think that Hossa will sign long-term in Pittsburgh? They've got Malkin coming up in a year and change. Jordan Staal is coming out of entry level in a little while. They've already got the Sidney Crosby deal. They've got a lot of young players that are going to be commanding a lot of money and Hossa could be looking for eight, nine, or ten million dollars.

The Penguins think they can win the Stanley Cup, but that's an ownership decision. I can't imagine that Ray Shero would sit in the office and say, "I'm going to trade away our first round pick, Angelo Esposito, plus two guys like Armstrong and Christensen for a rental."

If you're out in the first round, is this a complete and utter failure? You've got to have ownwership (sic) blessing on a deal like this, and I've got to believe that this was driven in large part by Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby and the feeling of 'win it right now because we've got an opportunity to do that.'

That's what Bob McKenzie had to say about it and he knows he stuff.

You can watch all of Mighty Ducks 2 & 3 on YouTube. I found it the other night when I was looking for the scene when they're on Rodeo Drive -- because I'm going to L.A. in April and I want to reenact that scene.

sgoodcore, great article posted above. That's what a lot of folks are saying. On the radio yesterday there were some sources reporting that Shero is going to pursue a contract negotiation very soon.

One thing about Hossa is that he wants to win. That's why he wanted out of Atlanta. Yeah the guy wants money, but he also wants his name on the Cup.

damn, hossa got hurt already.

What have the Penguins done to the hockey Gods this year?!?!

Crosby

Roberts

Fleury

Scuderi

Hall

Hossa

Beech

Eaton

Kennedy

I'm probably missing some names, but those players all have missed or will miss 10+ games.

...and that fact that we're still near the top in the Eastern Conference is DISGUSTING!

Oh watch out when Crosby comes back!

You can watch all of Mighty Ducks 2 & 3 on YouTube. I found it the other night when I was looking for the scene when they're on Rodeo Drive -- because I'm going to L.A. in April and I want to reenact that scene.

sgoodcore, great article posted above. That's what a lot of folks are saying. On the radio yesterday there were some sources reporting that Shero is going to pursue a contract negotiation very soon.

One thing about Hossa is that he wants to win. That's why he wanted out of Atlanta. Yeah the guy wants money, but he also wants his name on the Cup.

TSN.ca = hockey heaven. Pens gave up a lot to get Hossa but if he can be convinced to stay on for 5 years it would be worth it.

bruins are the new devils. i fucking hate your coach. you guys have a hell of a team this year though, i really hope the pens don't face them first round. also, chara is ungodly out there. he looks a foot taller than everyone else, has the hardest shot in the game, hits like a truck, and is amazing at both ends. i never saw orr play so i can't compare them, but for dmen i've seen play chara is either 1 or 2. Coffey and Murphy are high on the list, but i don't think either was as all around solid as Chara.

Even though Letang is small in size he still hits more than anyone on our team not named Brooks Orpik. I think he's going to be a tremendous player in a few years. A perfect replacement for when Gonchar goes by the way side. Then Goligoski will step up and fill Letang's rule and we'll have a never ending cycle of awesome offensive defensemen.

That score was amazing, until I realized I had Stumpy Thomas in net for my fantasy team. Then my realization that Backstrom had a big night didn't seem so cool.

I still remember Matty Norstrom banging on Forseberg all series long until the dude had to have his spleen removed. Intense. Playoff hockey baby!