The Truth about Victory records

wayne

did anyone hear about how Tony was kicked out of the Audition's show for talking shit on them and getting into an argument with one of their fathers? and the audition is on HIS label....such a fucking idiot

yeah and as the club was pushing him out the door he was yelling "I OWN THESE STREETS!"

and i laugh at my couple of friends who have victory records hoodies.

by far, the funniest thing i have ever heard. so sad.

The thing that blows my mind is that blows my mind are the surprising number of not awful bands who still opt to work with/for Victory, The Tossers, Comeback Kid, Streetlight Manifest etc. It just seems like these bands would have better options, especially since Thomas Kalackanancnay (whatever, just get a name like Smith) should know better.

Streetlight Manifesto had no choice -- Tomas was under contract from his Catch 22 days. Victory contracts aren't band-specific, they're individual-specific -- if your band breaks up and you form a new one, Victory gets first right of refusal on whatever new project you've come up with (Taking Back Sunday ---> Straylight Run, Grade ---> the Black Maria, etc.).

And before anyone jumps on Victory's back even more about this, some form of this clause is actually pretty standard with many, many labels. Victory's is just a little more iron-clad.

I know out contract said that, but its void now since the label folded. In fact, I think a lot of contracts are worded like that and younger bands just dont realize it.

did anyone hear about how Tony was kicked out of the Audition's show for talking shit on them and getting into an argument with one of their fathers? and the audition is on HIS label....such a fucking idiot

yeah and as the club was pushing him out the door he was yelling "I OWN THESE STREETS!"

and i laugh at my couple of friends who have victory records hoodies.

Well if Tony owns "these streets" now I know who to blame about all these damn potholes!

The thing that blows my mind is that blows my mind are the surprising number of not awful bands who still opt to work with/for Victory, The Tossers, Comeback Kid, Streetlight Manifest etc. It just seems like these bands would have better options, especially since Thomas Kalackanancnay (whatever, just get a name like Smith) should know better.

Streetlight Manifesto had no choice -- Tomas was under contract from his Catch 22 days. Victory contracts aren't band-specific, they're individual-specific -- if your band breaks up and you form a new one, Victory gets first right of refusal on whatever new project you've come up with (Taking Back Sunday ---> Straylight Run, Grade ---> the Black Maria, etc.).

And before anyone jumps on Victory's back even more about this, some form of this clause is actually pretty standard with many, many labels. Victory's is just a little more iron-clad.

i wonder how long until tomas can get out of it