Shipping to Japan?

Guest someriffage

Guest someriffage

So I've been selling off my collection as I have no income (graduate student), and I got a bid on my measure [sa] lp. Thing is, the person lives in Japan, and the auction was intended for the US and Canada only. I was thinking of just selling it to this person anyway, but charging them for the shipping (it was free for the US and by location in Canada.)

What is a realistic amount to charge to ship one lp to Japan? I've never shipped there before, and looking around on Ebay hasn't really helped. Anyone have any advice?

http://shop.ebay.com/chimpanzeeacme/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

It costs $10.45 ~ $12.45 to ship an LP and a mailer to Japan.

Most people charge $16 for shipping and handling.

Japan's postal system is said to be the best in the world. If it makes it to the country, it will be here, no need to worry.

Here are some things to be concerned about as a seller:

1. It usually takes 6 days for first class mail to be delivered from the US to Japan, but sometimes the USPS takes its sweet time. On several occasions, my package sat in the US for a month before being shipped. There is also a small chance that a package will be intercepted and inspected by customs causing further delays. This has never happened to me with records, however.

2. The package is going to be thrown around like crazy on it's way to Japan. I recommend removing the record from the jacket (not the dust-sleeve! as someone did when I ordered a really, really, really rare and old record once) because the record is surely to cause seem splits. Also, sandwich the record between two sheets of cardboard. Records packaged without extra cardboard almost always arrived in bent jackets.

Selling to Japan is easy and safe.

• 2 years later...

Hi all. I'm reviving this old thread because I just made my first sale to Japan and am concerned about getting the address correct on both the package and the customs form. Here is the address as it was given to me by the buyer on Discogs. He/she doesn't seem to have the greatest command of English, so that's why I'm asking here first.

DaiaParesu Oyama 207, 39-1, Oyamakanaityou, Itabashiku, Tokyo 
173-0024 
Japan 

Can anyone please tell me how I should write that on the package, line by line, and which of those go in the "address", "city", "state/province", and "post code" blanks on the customs form? Thanks so much.

Hey I live in Japan and the address system here is the craziest thing ever. Its basically large large areas being randomly split up into smaller areas and into a smaller area. then assigning your building a number in the order it was built.

Not to mention anything that is not a major street with a street light does not have any street names. So none of the neighborhoods and an street names, numbers dont go in order, and have NO idea how people go around before google maps...

and so on the address looks like it should be right. the first part is the building name and the blah blah is ok.

あなたのアドレスを教えていただけませんか?日本語版大丈夫。ロマン時も

send him this. my Japanese isnt great but basically says can you send me your address. Japanese is alright, and also to send it via abc's as well. 

send me PM when he gets back to you.

I would just print his address in japanese and then send it that way also if he give you the japanese one.