RSD2011... POST YOUR PULLS!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't reviews of records talk about the music instead of telling me about pressing numbers? Or is this all the TSPV site does?

shouldn't reviews of records talk about the music instead of telling me about pressing numbers? Or is this all the TSPV site does?

I leave the music reviews to Juan's work for the 1st Five and occasionally Juan or myself will post a music review on on the TSPV tumblr.

Were not a review site. We pay for 99.5% of the records we post.

If labels want to send us records, we'll review them.

As far as pressing #s go, I usually forget to post them and have to go back and post them later. I only care about them cause the readers care.

Were not a review site. We pay for 99.5% of the records we post.

If labels want to send us records, we'll review them.

As far as pressing #s go, I usually forget to post them and have to go back and post them later. I only care about them cause the readers care.

Thanks, Nick...that's sums it up a little better than I had.

As far as pressing numbers go; I personally put them in my write ups because, like Nick said, the readers care to some extent. Seeing as how we're generally writing up/looking at the whole package (and not just the music contained on the records) pressing numbers are a part of that 'package' for better or worse.

Also, want to mention that the inspiration for me originally launching the blog (when it was just me, before nick and juan came onboard) comes from here; http://doug-wewillburyyou.blogspot.com/

It was a UK only release, they had some more cool stuff like a BAD 7" and a Clash 7". But it was so much harder to find those than the USA only releases, despite living in the country next to the UK.

Also here the amount of interesting releases was a bit low compared to the US or UK, but when I looked at some of the releases that I had shipped from the USA, almost have of them said, made in the Netherlands.

Why can't they just pick up a few boxes straight from the plant instead of shipping everything to the USA, it would have made it so much easier and cheaper.