The Bouncing Souls - Comeplete Control Sessions 10" yellow marble

Lucero 1372 Overton Park LP clear blue

Nirvana - In Utero 180 gram black

Foo Fighters - Wastin Light 2xLP

Sharks - Joys of Living LP red/black swirl

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute LP white

Isles & Glaciers - Hearts of Lonely People LP white

Bayside - Killing Time LP cream

Damn good day, still need to find City & Colour, Jimmy Eat World, Nirvana & Deftones RSD releases

lol I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't going to call him out. my sister got there at 8 and she said she was in by 1030. if this dude didnt get in til 1230 maybe he fell asleep in the parking lot?

Or died from salmonella from one of those free bacon egg and cheese biscuits

Ha! Park Ave treated everything so good and everything was hassle free. Easily best RSD store i've been to. All the free crap was quite overwhelming, so much food and so much swaggggg

[image]

-both Black Angels

-both Grinderman

-OFF!

-Pressed At Boddie Dbl LP

-NUmero Group pop-up store 45

-The Entrance Band 7"

-Sonic Youth 12"

-Television dbl LP

-Mastodon dbl LP/DVD

-Fucked Up LP

-Earth dbl LP

-Purling Hiss/Puffy Areolas white vinyl 12"

Only stuff I couldn't find that I wanted were the Third Man releases and the Nirvana 12". Ran outta money, so no Flaming Lips box set either.

Here's the stuff I got for myself (my ass hurts a little bit from buying the Mastodon Aragon LP and it has seam splits):

[image]

Here's the stuff I got for trading:

[image]

I was thinking my whole RSD was going to be fucked as my main store got screwed on all their orders and the 2 bigger shops said they didn't get much. Well, the 2 bigger shops must have meant they didn't get much as far as shit I don't care about goes. I ended up almost getting in a fight at one shop as some prick pushed a girl which I was not ok with.... obviously. Violence isn't the answer but that kind of stuff pisses me off beyond belief. Shithead got kicked out and the best part was the fact that he was a flipper (heard him talking about what he was buying to sell in line). The other big store I went to had almost nothing last year so I decided to go to it later. Big mistake as they had damn near everything. Including 14 City/Colours. I missed out on the main thing I wanted which was "A Rekords Rekords Record." I am hopefully working on a trade or 2 so I should be good. I wish all of you guys could have got all you wanted, it's a bit of a pain in the ass how this day works. Both the bigger stores I went to ran the place like a zoo and most of the people that waited in line early had to deal with "comic book guy" running (sad attempt at running at that) past everyone. Seeing a flipper get kicked out made my day though. I really wish my shops did the "stuff behind the counter" thing and just took lists from people. I guess I'm kinda militant but I hate dealing with assholes running around like fools and drooling over your shoulder (haha, while stinkin it up). I bought doubles on some stuff to trade but I waited till well after everyone got to look around. I didn't even get the C&C records till the second shop I went to much later into RSD. All in all, a great day. One shop had an outdoor swap meet and I picked up the following records for $1 a pop:

Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind OG press

Steely Dan - Gaucho

Basia - Time and Tide (laugh all you want, I don't give a fuck)

Led Zeppelin - IV

Robotic Empire - Drum Machine Madness comp 7"

Also got lots of cool promo crap. The notables being Soundgarden Live on I-5 button packs, The Sword stickers, Ozzy poster and a bunch of random CDs. One shop was giving away tons of cool shirts but of course those guys took all of em before others could look. Why does one old asian dude need 6 of the same shirt in size XXL? He must think he's gonna make money on ebay for em but the jokes on him.

I'm going to end my rant now. I hope you guys enjoyed the day as much as possible.

Edit - These 2 came in the mail today as well:

Clouds - B Chuggas May Be Logging

Neurosis - Sovereign

[image]

Not a huge loot. some exclusives, some stuff i've been holding off on for awhile (i've looked at that original Ray Charles LP the last 3 times i've been in the store. finally got it).

[image]

Deftones are playing in town and did a signing at a local store. I was only gonna have them sign 1 record but I couldn't decide so I brought 3. Steph was like "well, you're here, let's do em!" it was awesome

not the most flattering of me, but Steph's face is great:

[image]

[image]

Abe was stoked on the Self Titled LP. he said there were picture discs of it and that he had a few at his house. he jokingly asked if I wanted one. anyone ever seen/heard of this pic disc??

I couldn't find Glassjaw. luckily I preordered on Amazon. hopefully that goes well, and I'll try to get a white one from HT.

Great post. I know nothing of a S/T picture disc but you've got a good story. ;)

Wow, I just looked through this whole thread and didn't notice one person that bought the Rekords Rekords thing. Does anyone here like Queens of the Stone Age?

I got one possible trade that may go through but if anyone has that Rekords Rekords pic disc, I got C&C, BTBAM and Circa Survive for trade.

I got almost everything I wanted yesterday, my day was split into 2 parts, first was the visit into Newcastle (uk) where I grabbed this little lot:

7"

Arctic Monkeys - 'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair'

Beck & Bat For Lashes - Let's Get Lost

Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Two Against One/Black

Derek & The Dominos - Got To Get Better In A Little While/Layla

R.E.M. - Three - 3 X 7" box set

Miles Kane - A Girl Like You

Queen - Stormtroopers In Stilettos

Suede - Drowners/To The Birds

10"

Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

The Kills - Satellite

Kings Of Leon - Holy Roller Novocaine

12"

Foo Fighters - Medium Rare

New Order / Joy Division - Ceremony / In A Lonely Place

DVD

Sound It Out - A documentary by Jeanie Finlay (75 minutes)

Then the 2nd part of the day I then starting scouting eBay when I got home and picked up this little lot amazingly at cost price, some were even cheaper than were been advertised in my local record shops which was even better especially as i'd missed out altogether on them earlier in the day.

7"

The White Stripes –Lafayette Blues / Sugar Never Tasted

Karen Elson - Viciuos/In Trouble With The Lord

John Mayall and Eric Clapton - lonely years / Bernard Jenkins

Bruce Springsteen - gotta get that feeling / racing in the street

10"

Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love

Overall from my list of wants, the only items so far I haven't managed to track down for good prices are:

The White Stripes - Let's Shake Hands/Look Me Over Closely

Radiohead - Side A: Supercollider Side B: The Butcher

Badly Drawn Boy - Lost For Words EP 7"

Beady Eye 7" box

Overall i'm over the moon with what I managed to grab.

Picked up

Mastodon - Live at the Aragon

Deftones - Covers

Rekords Rekords 10"

Rush - Caravan 7"

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues 7 "

Steven Wilson/ Oceansize - Stoneage Dinosaurs 7"

Really pleased about getting a copy of the Steven Wilson single.

Picked up a handful of other stuff while browsing as well.