Media Monkey

I don't know about you guys, but I have a reasonably big music library on my computer (about 70 gigs). Today my itunes for some reason started new and i lost 3 years of play counts and mixes and stuff.

I was pissed and changed to mediamonkey. It seems so much better after a couple hours for tagging and keeping music organized.

Basically do any of you use it and what are your opinions?

I just checked and it seems to work with an ipod http://www.mediamonkey.com/product_ipod.htm

also i know that losing playcounts and mixes doesn't sound like much, but three years is a long time. I had every mix i'd made in that time nicely labeled by date and purpose to see what I was listening to/ who it was going to etc...

Guest scriptedrain

Tagging: Tag & Rename

Play Counts: Last.fm

Playing: Winamp Pro

Ripping: Windows Media Player

And I haven't burned a CD in ages, so I don't know what I'd use but I used to use Nero, then I think I moved to Windows Media Player, I can't remember. I've never heard of Media Monkey or Foobar and I'm always up for hearing about new, free software.

I swear to mediamonkey. I have tried every other program there is out there, and nothing tops mediamonkey on an overall level. Foobar is better when it comes to superficial customization, but mediamonkey has all the features you need. As long as you have tagged your music properly, everything is easy to find, play, tag and delete.

Guest scriptedrain
Tagging: Tag & Rename

Play Counts: Last.fm

Playing: Winamp Pro

Ripping: EXACT AUDIO COPY

Fixed that for you. Please don't ever rip another cd with windows media player.

Sweet, thanks. Just curious, though, why not?

Foobar's nice, but it doesn't look that pretty. I don't really need to worry about iTunes hogging up resources because my computer has 2gbs of ram. I love the look of iTunes and it automatically grabs artwork.

I would probably never use MediaMonkey, looks like a joke.

Also, who really cares about play counts? How often do you analyze that stuff anyways?

Foobar's nice, but it doesn't look that pretty. I don't really need to worry about iTunes hogging up resources because my computer has 2gbs of ram. I love the look of iTunes and it automatically grabs artwork.

Also, who really cares about play counts? How often do you analyze that stuff anyways?

You can make foobar look anyway you want to with some work.

Some work is the key there.

Guest scriptedrain

Some work is the key there.

That's the great thing about Foobar, to me. You can make it look however you want. Of course it's going to take "some work" (which was less than 10 minutes for me, and I had never used the program before).