Yuck

has anyone seen Yuck live? im trying to figure out my night, and theyre playing up the road in about an hour. wondering if the live act is worth catching.

I saw them open for Smith Westerns a few months back and really enjoyed their set. In fact, they saved the night; Smith Westerns sucked live so bad that I haven't listened to them since.

Funny story at that show: the Yuck album was supposed to come out in like 4 days but the label sent them two giant boxes of vinyl to start selling that night. I watched a couple of the guys in the band gather around the merch table and they were like, "Oh sweet, our records are here," and then they open them up and they're all records from that band Tennis. The guitar player says, "Bloody hell, they sent us fucking Tennis?" and then he opens the other box and it was a whole other supply of Tennis records. I was cracking up, but I guess you had to be there. I got a vinyl copy of Yuck the next week and I'm still pretty into that album.

i ended up going, and they were pretty good.

its a crappy venue, and the two bands before them really fit the bill of standard opening acts.. producing a lot of noise.

but then yuck came on, and the contrast in sound quality was stunning. sounded like they were plugged into a completely different sound system.

id only listened to the record a couple times this week- but seeing them perform stuff live definitely brought a handful of the tracks to life.

$13 ticket? worth it.

I saw them open for Smith Westerns a few months back and really enjoyed their set. In fact, they saved the night; Smith Westerns sucked live so bad that I haven't listened to them since.

Funny story at that show: the Yuck album was supposed to come out in like 4 days but the label sent them two giant boxes of vinyl to start selling that night. I watched a couple of the guys in the band gather around the merch table and they were like, "Oh sweet, our records are here," and then they open them up and they're all records from that band Tennis. The guitar player says, "Bloody hell, they sent us fucking Tennis?" and then he opens the other box and it was a whole other supply of Tennis records. I was cracking up, but I guess you had to be there. I got a vinyl copy of Yuck the next week and I'm still pretty into that album.

Did not care for Smith Westerns live show. they came off like a bunch of drunk frat boys