Bon Iver - Bon Iver LP

Preorder up now on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XE0TDW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=kersjour-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004XE0TDW

$19.14 + free shipping with Prime.

$16.62 + free shipping with Prime

Hopefully will be cheaper somewhere else, but lately Amazon prices have been pretty close.

I will pre-order with amazon. They will give lowest price from time of pre-order until it ships and also won't charge me until it ships. I can cancel anytime I want super easy.

Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to see jagjaguwar's possible options.

PS: In order to top "For Emma..." I wonder if he lived in the woods for longer. Although the song titles may suggest he did a little traveling this time. Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazon also has the Calgary 12" up for $11.99 :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050I2O2Y/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=kersjour-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B0050I2O2Y

So if you just want the two records without the t-shirt, Amazon is the way to go ($28 + free shipping).

• 3 weeks later...
yeah just got one at the local store and it sounds beautiful. how about that cooky 80s sounding song?!

I nearly had a physical reaction when I first heard it. The rest of the album is great, but to end it with such an absurd 80s Phil Collins ballad-esque track kind of killed it for me. Whenever I'm listening to the record, I make sure to rush over and stop it before I even hear the opening seconds of that song, otherwise I just get irritated.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but has anyone just really hated that song?

yeah just got one at the local store and it sounds beautiful. how about that cooky 80s sounding song?!

I nearly had a physical reaction when I first heard it. The rest of the album is great, but to end it with such an absurd 80s Phil Collins ballad-esque track kind of killed it for me. Whenever I'm listening to the record, I make sure to rush over and stop it before I even hear the opening seconds of that song, otherwise I just get irritated.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but has anyone just really hated that song?

to be honest, i think it's kind of cool. i don't like 80s stuff at all, but i think vernon did it well. although i do think it's a novelty song. idk, i'm sure the diehard hipsters will cream over it, but who knows.

i love the last song. theres one riff that was driving me crazy, because it sounded like it was sampling something. but then i realized that it was just very similar to the entire basis of an oberhofer song.

as an album, its very very low key. ive listened about 4 times now, but nothings jumped out too much at me. but it also took until a month ago for me to really fall in love with for emma.

I find it weird that people get upset with Beth/Rest, calling it "too 80s" when the entire album is full of 80s soft rock riffs and saxophone.

Anyway, I've got to hand it to Justin for managing to create an album that surpasses For Emma, Forever Ago in quality. It's great. Just great.

I find it weird that people get upset with Beth/Rest, calling it "too 80s" when the entire album is full of 80s soft rock riffs and saxophone.

Anyway, I've got to hand it to Justin for managing to create an album that surpasses For Emma, Forever Ago in quality. It's great. Just great.

My criticism of Beth/Rest wasn't the fact that it has an 80s vibe, because its true that its present throughout the album, but the distinct sound of the keyboards, electronic percussion and the sax-work a la Kenny G on the song that just didn't work for me. It came across as almost a parody of the most stereotypical pop ballad of the time, perfect for the ending credits of some generic romance film. I didn't think it fit well as the closer to the album either. Weird shift in tone from Lisbon, OH.

But apparently I'm in the minority on this one. Just a difference in taste I guess.